Logging in with email on xbox LIVE

My son is on xbox live, he created a gmail email account to use with it. He can log in and play his games, etc. but he can't log in to change his account settings. Snce setting this up, gmail figured out that he is not yet 13 years old and disabled his email account. Now he can neither log in nor can he change his email address. He can't reset is password b/c he no longer has access to that email account. I have asked him what difference this makes if he can still play games and all and he gave me some response about a friend whose account was disabled because of an email problem (again, my son has no problem as yet). I am not up on anything xbox related, so can anyone tell me what the problem is if he cannot access the email with which the account was set up? Thanks in advance

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hi,

You'll need to fill out the Microsoft account recovery form here. That would be the only way of updating/changing the e-mail now that your son is unable to do so by using the console as it would require access to the previous e-mail to change to another one. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

1 Go to http://account.live.com

2 Sign in with his Microsoft Account email address and its password

3 Choose Update Email Address

4 Click on the blue link Or Get A New Email Address instead of typing in the email address

5 Make a new email address at LVIE or at HOTMAIL

Sorry this didn't help.

THanks, but neither of these suggestions works.  Both bring me to a "reset password" screen, which seems promising.  I change the password and it asks me to log in to verify that it's me.  WHen I do that, it puts me into a screen saying that it looks like someone else has been using the account.  Then it prompts me to send a code to the email address that he no longer has access to (we didn't enter a mobile phone or anything when his account was set up).  Any other ideas?  If I call the xbox people (tomorrow) ,will they be able to help?

Sorry this didn't help.

That seems as if the security information on the account is out of date/invalid. You should be able to reset/change that by going here.

Please note that there is a 30 day waiting period from resetting/changing this information.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks, but again it asks me to log in and when I do it tells me that it looks like someone else has been trying to access this account.  I can't log in at all, it continually gives me the endless loop of verifying the account (which is impossible at this time).

Sorry this didn't help.

Then the account recovery form would be your last hope of a resolution to this matter, unfortunately.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Still puts me into the endless loop of changing the password and then not being able to log in.  I guess i have no options,but this is a really bad system to have in place.

Sorry this didn't help.

I am having a lot of the same trouble I have called Xbox support and they sent the problem up to the advocy team i recvied a email five days ago wanting info so they could fix the problem  a alt. Email which I gave but have still heard nothing I have tried all the above recovery options and none have worked I get the message that the email I am trying to recover dose not exist but I know it's the one tied to my gamertag I really need to recover this profile because there is a lot of DLC time and money are invested in it.  Really thought I would have heard something back from the advocy team don't know where to turn now...???

Sorry this didn't help.