log-in frustration

Hello, my name is Samuel, today I'm going to explain to you the completely ridiculous situation I'm in right now. around the holiday season last year, I was purchased a 1-year subscription card to Xbox live membership. after getting back home from my vacation during the season, i activated my card to my account [mod removed]which uses the gamer tag [mod removed]. it has been less than half of a year since then yesterday when I attempted to use my Gold membership subscription to play Halo Reach online a bit before starting on a different game, Fable 3, which I borrowed from a friend. While attempting to connect, the server said that my account ID wasn't valid, so I thought  that maybe that might be because in April, I was at a friend's birthday party. She did not have gold membership and therefore could not play online. I volunteered the use of my account for said use. So I attempted to recover my account, naturally. However upon putting in my information (my windows live id, followed by my password) It again said that my account was not valid. so I got online via my computer and attempted to sign in to xbox.com and it brought me to the account creation screen.

[mod removed]

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

First of all mate, you never want to loan your account to anyone else. Not only is it against the ToU, but loaning your account out can lead to someone hijacking your account, along with all of its related billing information.

When was the last time you used your account without issue? Have you used it since that birthday party? If not, you may want to try recovering the account, to see what happens when you enter your ID and PW that way. If you get the same error there, you'll want to call phone support for further assistance at 800-4MY-XBOX.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.