Locking a Console to prevent new profiles?

Is there an option I can set somewhere that will not allow any new profiles to be created or any profiles to be recovered via live?  I have an original elite console if it matters (but I doubt).

Obviously I want this NOT to be permenant but want to disable the features until I decide to re-enable them.  I also don't want to prevent any existing profiles from being logged into (both local and live).

Question Info

Last updated October 18, 2018 Views 1,392 Applies to:

Hey mate, I strongly recommend making a request for this feature here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The goal is to prevent any new profiles, live or not.  

I have a  "Anyone1" and "Anyone2" pair of profiles for general use and I don't care if they change the avatars or gamer pics as thats what I made them for.  But it seems like every time one of the 4 granddaughters has someone over, they make a profile.  Its to the point I have 40+ profiles and its taking longer and longer when you hit the (X) menu and it starts loading/counting profiles before you can actually log in.  Many  are one time profiles and I delete them but I would like to restrict the creation in the first place.

The girls know but they seem to forget in the excitement of having friends stay over and such.

I couldn't find anywhere to block local profiles to be created as thats what they are creating.  To be honest, the parental controls seems VERY lack luster in its ability to restrict common things, such as which profiles can get into memory management to delete things, create profiles (local or otherwise), etc.  From just tinkering last night, the parental controls section seems like its there simply in name only so MS can claim the XBOX has it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I hadn't heard about the feature until I saw somebody asking about it... they weren't sure if recovery was prevented since the doc didn't mention it, and somebody else confirmed it. It seems odd that local profiles can still be created, but it does say "Live membership creation" not "profile creation", so clearly the distinction is important. I don't know what the goal is here, but with local profiles somebody could end up with saved games on various local profiles and cause confusion, I guess.

Sorry about the error in the link; I had trouble with the link editing and didn't confirm it... There was a '/' missing.

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/how-to/parental-control.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Odd, get an error on the url when I click on it but when I paste it into a new tab, it works.  Meh.

Checked it out Danno but it allows local profile creation but prevents new live accounts.  Will have to test recovery later.  Have to move one of my profiles off and then try to recover it back.

But, thanks for the starting point though!

Sorry this didn't help.

Apologies for the poor help OP, I honestly had no idea about that.
But I do now thanks to Dannomck.

Sorry this didn't help.

What you're asking for is part of the family/parental controls on the console.

http://support.xbox.com/en-us/pages/xbox-live/how-to/parental-control.aspx

(I understand from somebody else asking that the "prevent new account creation" setting also prevents recovering profiles from Xbox Live.)

Sorry this didn't help.

Yea, that was what I was seeing but there are so many menus and option panels I had hoped I had missed one somewhere.

Sorry this didn't help.

As ar as I am aware there is no way to do either of those things, apart from telling people in your household not to do it.

You can put a password on your own account to stop others using it but that's it from what I have seen.

Sorry this didn't help.