LOCKED: WOW> TOTALLY NOT HAPPY WITH XBOX LIVE. HYPOCRIT????

My account has temporarily been suspended because of this:

--------->

"Xbox LIVE

Notification of Temporary Suspension: Inappropriate content in your profile

[ DO NOT REPLY to this email address. It is not monitored. ]

This email is to notify you that your Xbox LIVE account privileges have been temporarily suspended due to inappropriate content in the profile for your gamertag. The inappropriate content was discovered in the Motto, Bio, Location, Name and/or Personal Picture.

The following content for the gamertag associated with this Windows Live ID was brought to our attention and was determined to have violated the Code of Conduct and/or Terms of Use:

Bio   kill all sonzuh ***-thats my official insructions  "   ----------->  REALLY?

REALLY?? So i cant post a quote from "Left 4 Dead 2" in my profile. Kids from ages 5-55 play this all over the world. Who and what am i offending?!?!?!?! this is ridiculous. Its also interfering with me signing in to check my emails...

Like the news and just living day to day in this world does not display hatred and violence and all sorts of NONSENSE EVERYWHERE!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

All content in bio's should be rated E for everyone.  Just because it's a quote from a game doesn't mean it's ok to put it in your bio.  You should give the code of conduct a quick read.  

Now for the "nonsense everywhere" give it time those users will get in trouble at some point. The enforcement team works off of complaints so eventually someone will file a complaint against those users and they will have to remove the content.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Good thing the Microsoft team decided to ban you rather than someone in MW2 that goes around resetting everyone to level 1 with -1,000,000 Exp, because I was TOTALLY offended by your bio, and not offended at all by the guy that resets everyone.

Just sayin' :P

(Honestly, though, I see what you're saying, if Microsoft supports the game, and chooses to run it on their platform, you should be able to have it in your bio...  I got a 1 day ban once for putting just 3 letters, which stood for something, the first letter was a "W" and the second was a "T" and I wouldn't dare tell you what the third letter is because it might hurt someone's feelings in the "M" rated COD game I'm playing.)

But what makes sense isn't always correct, Microsoft will get you with their "Code of Conduct" as you technically agreed to not do it.  But, I swear, when you agree to that thing, you sign your soul away. O.o

(btw, don't leave the "Code of Conduct" stuff there, I heard Microsoft bans you for two weeks for copyright infringement or something if you leave it)

Sorry this didn't help.

I2ndShenanigans has it absolutely right. Your profile needs to be acceptable for all ages. A game - specifically Left 4 Dead 2 is rated as only being suitable for Mature audiences.

Just because a game has it in does not make it acceptable to publish it on your account. There is no hypocrisy in this, it makes perfect sense.

Sorry this didn't help.