LOCKED: Why was my console banned ?

Hello ! My son's console was banned today for a violation of terms of use for Xbox live. I am not sure why ? Can someone please contact us or reply to this post to tell us why the console was banned ? All three of our kids play on this console with Kinnect and everything. No one can use their Live account because of this ban. If we need to change something on our account to lift the ban, please advise.  We would like to appeal this ban for we are certain we have not violated any terms of use.  Please let us know the reasons for the ban. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Ye olde Xbox Dude wrote this nice guide to console bans and your options - forums.xbox.com/.../67949.aspx -

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

There is no appeal.

on the banned console, you have 3 main options:

1)  Use the console, only offline

2)  Buy a new one and transfer everything over (all your accounts, DLC, and save games should transfer over, you may or may not need a transfer kit depending on the hard drive)

3)  Stop using XBOX products completely.

There is no appeal.

Sorry this didn't help.

this isnt fair thew same thing happened to my xbox serial code #621718384205 and ive never recieve any email telling me why, i bought the console from walmart out of the box never did anything to it played for over 2 years online and you guys banned me for no reason wasting $250 of your customers for what? for me to buy another one from you? im not the only person this has had this happen i know

Sorry this didn't help.

i mean i respect you guys i really do i just wish there was a way for you to understand that i did not violate the terms of use  or anything,,,,im a gamer like you...help me out?

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

Also it is not wise to post your console's serial number on a public forum.

Sorry this didn't help.

Have any of you console banned people had your console repaired by a third party vendor or a friend? Many people opt to do this when their console breaks down thinking it will save them money when in acutality all it will do is lead to a console ban as MS is the only authorized repair center for their consoles. Many repair shops think that simply replacing a defective disc drive is as simple as swapping it out for another of the same when in fact there is much more that needs to be done.

Of course, this is just one possibility. There could be another reason for the console ban altogether.

Sorry this didn't help.

well i posted in the support forum but you never responded , never sent me an email initialy and i never modded stole or had it fixed you just turned me off because you could and now wont own up to it and its an outragei mean....the "uncurrupt" of you i feel bad for but this is just messed up

Sorry this didn't help.

self repair or taking it to a 3rd party is considered moding also which is a serious infraction of the IP

along with using old xbox hds on new xbox s models which MS has repeatedly said is against the rules of xbox live and considered TAMPERING

also if you purchased the console used you do not know what was done to the console previously

remeber ms has said that the console bans are NOT limited to those infractions

repeat offences can result in consolebans

if you purchased the console new and had no suspensions ask your children if they have done anything wrong

90% of people do not have an issue with the rules

live life and play fair

Sorry this didn't help.

i havent done any of these or any of the infractions listed on the terms of use forum...im disgruntled and dissapointed that xboxlive would do something like this...im the only one who uses my xbox, i have never had any sort of infraction ever imean im lost because ive never had to deal with this and ive never done anything to my xbox besides open the disk tray and put in a disk...

Sorry this didn't help.

I got banned the same way... they don't fix it and ill have some nice lawyers meeting microsoft in court. I literally have never tampered with my xbox and everything I bought off the marketplace I paid for and never cheated it.

Sorry this didn't help.