LOCKED - What To Do If You're Locked Out Of Your Live ID Account

I spent two weeks getting my password reset after I locked myself out for multiple incorrect password attempts.

Pretty much everything that could have gone wrong, did.  I couldn't remember the answer to my security question, the option to send a password to my cell phone failed and after a week of wrestling with the Live ID support staff, they determined that I hadn't given them enough information to prove that I was me and locked my account permanently and stopped responding to my messages.

I called XBOX Live's support hotline once and they said there was nothing they could do, but they did update my credit card information which I thought was kind of odd. 

A few days went by and no reply from the Live ID staff, so I called XBOX again and they gave me the holy grail, an actual telephone number to get in touch with Microsoft :O

I called the number and gave the tech my pin number associated with the issue thread I had started two weeks earlier and he said that he couldn't do anything personally but he'd re-escalate the thread to the Live ID group and they'd email me.

Two more days go by and then yesterday morning I opened my inbox and found that I'd had my account magically restored!  With no further information given by me.  So what changed in those two days to make them decide I was actually me, I don't know, but I have my account back and thought this might help others since I've seen multiple posts about this issue.

CALL THIS NUMBER IF THEY WONT HELP YOU: 1 800 642 7676

It worked for me anyway.  Good luck.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 55 Applies to:

to reset the password on an account you need to contact the windows live team not the xbox live team

noone has access to your password

like the xbox support told you

the windows live team is seperate and can only be reached by forums or the windows live id validation form

(most likely you weren't passing the validation form)

also with the locked out status you must wait the time period it states  depends on how many tries you do

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Did you even read what I wrote?

I wasn't asking a question.  I was writing the answer to other peoples questions because no one else on this forum was able to help me with my problem.

Windows Live support can be altered using that telephone number.  You have to start the process online, but if that doesn't work as it didn't for me, call that number and re-open the ticket.

Sorry this didn't help.

you dont need to reopen the ticket

what you need to do is UPDATE the ticket

there is key things that have to be met before a password reset email can be sent or an windows live id account be reset.

if you forget all the details then there is nothing that can be done as you are required to prove who you are.

https://windowslivehelp.com/PasswordReset.aspx
will help you but you MUST answer honestly on the windows live id validation form

escalation to ms will not help unless you update the ticket or pass validation of who you are

if you fail validation or get enough but still don't pass validation they will make a private forum for you to update your ticket

including previous history of the account and only info that the original account holder would know

noone can randomly call ms and ask that a password be reset without proving who you are for a windows live id

as that is A security issue

this article covers the password reset proccess and how to answer the questions nessarily for a reset

http://forumsarchive.xbox.com/35927561/ShowPost.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi there!

I'm glad you were able to resolve your problem and it was a good idea to post this information here for those who may be experiencing the same. However, it would be a better idea to post this in the stickied "Something's Missing" thread where one of the Support staff can review your info. If they believe the information is good enough to help the community they may even create you a "stickied thread". :)

Sorry this didn't help.