LOCKED - Turn OFF automatic renewal

X box Live are complete [Mod Removed]. THEY WONT allow you to turn of the Automatic renewal. OR delete your credit card.

I am would not recommend them to anyone.

If someone can help me with out telling to put in FALSE credit card details then PLEASE HELP ME.

This is my sons account. I am so angry it is not funny.

Xbox live have taken hundreds of dollars from us.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 135 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX. They can turn off automatic renewal. Not to be rude. But with any service these days, when something isn't right or can't be done on your own, call support before issues escalate. It's an inconvience, but it is there for a reason.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

[quote user="Hellhog"]

Call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX. They can turn off automatic renewal. Not to be rude. But with any service these days, when something isn't right or can't be done on your own, call support before issues escalate. It's an inconvience, but it is there for a reason.

[/quote]It will be removed for sure if you call.
Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

Sorry this didn't help.

They do it on purpose, someone in the xbox team decided this would be a great way to get more money, make it as hard as humanly possible to cancel your subscription. They know people get so fustrated with the phone in support that they would rather just waste another month of charges then try to turn off their renewal.

Welcome to Microsoft, an American Company.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thats strange cause I just checked mine and I can turn it off, I'm not saying you cant it just may be a glitch. Might help to add a couple of years ago my auto renewal was on and I didnt know and I bought a renewal card at Gamestop but microsoft auto renewed before I was able to enter the pin off of the xbox live card. So I called and explained everything and not only did they put the money back in my account but they also gave me a choice of freebies to choose from so I scored a new controller. For the most part their customer service is very good...that is if you get an operator that you can understand anything they are saying.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="shakesth3clown1"]

Thats strange cause I just checked mine and I can turn it off, I'm not saying you cant it just may be a glitch

[/quote]

It's possible. There are a few states where the option to turn it off online is still functional.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="DodgeyBarsted12"]X box Live [...] WONT allow you to turn of the Automatic renewal. OR delete your credit card.[/quote]

They allow both, of course. Almost all users must call Support to turn off auto-renew. (There's a Support link at the top of the page; click it, then click Contact us to find your region's phone number if you aren't in the U.S.)

Then, you wait until the profile goes from Gold to Free (Silver); that is, wait until the current paid subscription ends. Once there is no Gold subscription tied to the credit card (even if auto-renewal is turned off), you can delete the card from the profile.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hellhog, we all forgot how it is supposed to be so easy for them to take money, yet make it so hard to stop them from doing so in the future. Not sure what you mean at "any service", but PSN doesn't do this (even before teh haxxorz). It seriously takes fifteen minutes or more to get that all done. Just because it is the MS norm does not mean it is the norm.

I have to call once a year to stop them from taking my money just to get Gold deals, I try to do it online or on the console and it is seriously like a joke. Except it is just the MS model, so I know it isn't a joke.

Sorry this didn't help.

You mean when you call to cancel cable or phone service it's not normal ?

Really 90% of your services still require verification

Sorry this didn't help.

Man, you keep saying 90% of services, but all you're giving for examples are cable and phone.

You can't just spew out percentages and expect people to say "OH THERE'S A PERCENTAGE lol this looks legit".

That being said, even if that was an accurate number, it doesn't mean it's okay in this case. XBox Live is an ONLINE service, and things were put in place to keep your account safe and secure, and you can buy all the things you want without require "phone verification" but as soon as you want to STOP paying? Forget it.

In all honesty it shouldn't be a big deal but I have severe anxiety problems so... Ahh, I guess I'll just have to pump myself up before making the call.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="CuddlyREDRUM"]

Hellhog, we all forgot how it is supposed to be so easy for them to take money, yet make it so hard to stop them from doing so in the future. Not sure what you mean at "any service", but PSN doesn't do this (even before teh haxxorz). It seriously takes fifteen minutes or more to get that all done. Just because it is the MS norm does not mean it is the norm.

I have to call once a year to stop them from taking my money just to get Gold deals, I try to do it online or on the console and it is seriously like a joke. Except it is just the MS model, so I know it isn't a joke.

[/quote]

You do know that if you look in spotlight you can sign up for deals while you have gold (usually the best ones appear in the last 30 days)?

Also to help reinforce a point - Services I have to call to cancel:

My Internet (also has a cancel fee if i want to cancel early, and has a contract)

My TV (same as internet)

My Cell Phone (same as internet)

My Credit Card

Water

Sewage

Garbage

Electricity

My Beer Bewing Kits

My Tea deliveries.

It's called retention, it's not new, and it's here to stay

Sorry this didn't help.