Locked: Think something helpful is missing?

You’ve probably noticed we’ve spruced things up a bit. With the new look we’re also bringing in new content, but it’s a big job! If you think there’s troubleshooting information missing, tell us! Or better yet, strut your stuff by writing your own sticky post.

We’re trying out more conversational, experience-based guides. Check here and here for examples. If you would like to add this kind of content to the forums, feel free to write something up in this format, and make your post here. Mister Gwyther and I will review the submissions and sticky the best of the best. We may do some editing for consistency and accuracy, but we want you to be the voice of the new forums! Consider the following when making your post:

Stay away from Q&As, and make it more conversational.
Keep it simple. Don’t feel like you have to cover every issue in one post.
Don’t be afraid to spice it up: we want YOUR voice to come through!

If you have any questions about sticky submissions, feel free to PM Mister Gwyther or myself. We look forward to reading your posts!

Where'd my post go?!
As we review and take action on a post in this thread, we will delete that post to make room for new suggestions and ideas. If you find that your post here is missing, please check your PMs. We will try to make sure that any post delete in this way will be accompanied by a direct explanation to the original poster. Thanks!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 9 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Wow, the forums are really different! I am not sure that I am understanding what to do. I cannot find or access any "specific" forums. I am kinda lost to tell the truth. Forum looks great though!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

it seems as if quoting people is a bit different... i am not getting an option of doing so unless I "use rich formatting" and only on the last post...... man i hope I'm just bad at computers or something, because all of a sudden this forum just got "hard" to use...

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey all,

I appreciate the feedback, and I understand that this new layout will take some getting used to! That being said, the more contsructive your feedback is, the more we can do with it. If you're trying to PM me, please use the icon that will appear at the bottom of this post.

Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Mister Fitzer,

Just responding to your post from the guide I posted here

it was stickied on the old Aussies Xbox Live forums, although they're non-existant now... 

Anyhow, DarkArmada suggested that I move it across, since content wasn't being migrated. 

Sorry this didn't help.

www.eurogamer.net/.../2011-05-18-how-to-get-your-replacement-xbox-360

It would be nice if there were some full details on what this entails, and how much of your xbox it ruins. Namely, the save data? Will it be corrupted if you're the victim of one of these errors? Or can you transfer the old data to the new xbox? Also will MS except the broken model returned before a new one is shipped? Because if so, then it means we're essentially losing our data as well, should we fall victim...=(

Apologies if this is addressed somewhere, I just couldnt find it....

Sorry this didn't help.

Elijin, please refer to this post for more info: majornelson.com/.../clearing-up-some-confusion

Sorry this didn't help.

i liked it this way its clean

Sorry this didn't help.

Something "helpful" was the "unanswered posts".  I have found "unanswered post" per topic but there use to be unanswered post over ALL of xbox.com.  It was a very good tool to use to move over all of xbox.com to try to help people.  Any chance of getting another one of those?  Thanks for your help.

Sorry this didn't help.

How about a link TO THE FORUMS... not to a "Forum Community Whoop-dee-doo" page, but a link to the actual page with the topics you can read and respond to.   I'm old and grumpy, I still have a phone book, and having to hunt for the FORUM through fifty pages that all say Forum up top... but don't contain the forum actually stinks. Don't like the "conversation" style forum either... when I go to the dictionary to look up a word, I don't want to read a book that contains the word... and when I go to search a forum for answers - I don't want to read ten thousand "conversations" just trying to find a freaking answer.  I can't find my old threads... I can't find relevant new threads.

Is Six Sigma involved in this? Sure smells like someone's Green Belt project to me... *sigh*

Too many responses here come across as if written by teenagers who know everything and merely cond

Sorry this didn't help.

You may want to include this "Xbox LIVE compatible hardware list" from the Support.Xbox.com website to your "Announcements" here in this particular forum,

support.xbox.com/.../network-hardware-compatible-xbox-live.aspx

as it is extremely informative but a little hard to find.  I actually printed out the old version during the Original Xbox days and took it to the store with me when purchasing my router to ensure that the router I was getting was going to work with Live.  It's also very informative in terms of being able to "look up" the latest firmware for said device to make sure it's current.  

Oh, I just noticed that my particular D-Link router (that I've had since the original XBox, as I mentioned earlier in this post) has lasted so long, it's no longer "certified."

Anyway, just a thought.

Sorry this didn't help.