LOCKED - Switching your account to family pack using computer Glitch...

I switched from monthly to the family pack 5 days ago on X-box live using my computer. The same day they charged me $9.99. They gave me a discount for switching. so i paid $9.99 + $94.99 = $104.98 so i paid $4.99 more then the normal $99.99 to switch. Then when i signed into my live account on my console they asked me to verify my family pack purchase and agree to the terms a secound time. I checked my bank account online later and found they double charged me. When i called Xbox immediately they told me i had to wait for the transaction to process for them to fix it and someone would be calling me withen 7 days. I wondered why they wanted to wait for the transaction to process? Well five days later i found out. They called me this morning and told me they had to cancel my entire account then i could re-buy the family pack at full price again for it to be fixed. It takes 2-5 days for the $194.98 to go back in my account and they want me to spend $99.99 more to reactivate my x-box live family pack now. Add this up.. $9.99 + $94.99 + $99.99 = $204.97 -$194.98 refunded in a week = $9.99 screwed then spend another $99.99. I told her x-box could give me a week free until the money returns in my account they said no. I told her i am tempted to sell my 4 x-boxes and stick with PS network, She said haha PS network is down. She then said there is nothing they could do and i was the stupid one that got charged twice, it wasn't X-box's fault so they would not do anything for me. I told her it was x-box's fault they had a glitch when ordering online then using the console the transaction wouldnt complete unless it was verified. What kind of customer treatment is that? She wouldn't work with me

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

For refunds, you need to call phone support. Also, if you have an automatic renewal and you purchase additional LIVE time the same day it is set to auto-renew, it will still renew. You need to add time or turn it off BEFORE the renew date. Again, please feel free to call phone support for your billing issues.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah i have 5 X-box 360's, 1 Nintendo Wii, and 1 PlayStation 3. I had 2 but sold one when the network went down. Kids use the 360's all the time but plan to transition them to PS3. I used the kinect and Netflix on the 360 but all my gaming is done via PC. Sucks you have to have Live to use Netflix but i can still use netflix with my PS3. I knew the PS network was up so her criticism was unnecessary. I listed 3 of the 360's on Craigs list and plan to buy 2 ps3's to replace them. Xbox lost a valued customer and i plan to spread my story to everyone i know.. I have already started a post on facebook and my gaming community of over 200 members at insanedemons.com. I know it won't affect Xbox much but hey its one small step to justice.

Sorry this didn't help.

it happened to my friend before if you cancel within 3 days a refund will be issued within 3-5 days so then you'd be able to buy that family pack for $99.99   

Sorry this didn't help.