locked out of xboxlive.com and my family settings

I converted my family over to the family gold membership a while back. Everyone is now an adult and I set my password to something I thought everyone could remember. I even placed a sticky next to our XBox so hubby and kids could use it to get access to ESPN and so on. Right, so, older son got his own XBox and uses it in the in the in-law apartment we have in our house. He keeps forgetting the password and got it locked for too many wrong entries.

Now, we all can play our games online just fine so no one was the wiser for some time. But, I went to log on to XBoxLive.com and the password didn't work. I asked for a reset, got the email and in the attempt to reset it, got the message there is a temporary issue and to try again. Not knowing bonehead had gotten the account locked, I just went about my business figuring I'd try again later. Well, try and try as I may I kept getting the message. Weeks (or maybe a couple months) later the culprit complained to me that he couldn't get onto ESPN because he needed my password. I tried and realized I was locked out. Hours later trying to figure out what was going on, he confessed he may have tried and gotten it locked.

Great.

So I have spent the last month trying in vain to get my account unlocked. I've talked to windows live, I've talked to XBox support. Everyone tells me the other guy has to do it and they can't help. I have been continuing to send the 'need to recover my account' email from the 'reset your password / customer support' page for weeks and it gets no answer. The last Xbox guy I talked to poked around a bit and at least had some knowledge of what is going on to make me feel better, but was unable to help. He explained I needed security to investigate and unlock it and it takes time. He said to give it x number of days and retry my requests via email, which I have been doing.

So here's my question... how do I get in touch with the magic man behind the account security curtain? My family is getting frustrated being locked out of ESPN and I would really like to go into my account to do stuff like share Microsoft points with the family ESPECIALLY with Christmas coming (as you know, any points they get I have to enter and push to them). No one has stolen my account or console. It was just a bonehead who couldn't take a minute to walk over to the main XBox and read the password written on the sticky.

... this isn't the account in question, BTW. I created this so I could get on the forum to ask this question. Once I get a lead on someone who can actually help, I'll be happy to share my info with them.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hello there - can you PM me the reference number from your contact with Phone Support, as well as the main account Gamertag?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

OK, new terms of use just locked everyone in my Gold family account out of Live, Netflicks and ESPN until this is resolved. :(

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.