Locked out my account

I update my xbox and needed to sign in to my live account again but the email address i had for it was old and deleted due to a hacker. I can now no longer gain access to my live account to play online and i tried speaking to someone at microsoft but the chat window always kept freezing before i got the chance. Any solutions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

hey there,

Unfortunately the only other way is to go onto account settings and change your email address that is associated with your Xbox Live gamertag. Unfortunately the only way I know of doing this, is over on the Xbox 360 console its self. This means you will need to sign into your Xbox Live Account, and;

head over to account settings

click onto the change email address. [You will need to have a Microsoft email address].

The other way is to go to account.live.com

type your email address in

click onto forgot password

click onto can not use any of these options

and you will then need to fill out a form to prove that you are the owner of the account

Then submit the form and wait for 24 hour or 48 hours for a reply. Microsoft will try and get your account back.

If your account has not been used in 6 to 12 months, then it would have been removed, but NOT deleted.

However, if your account has not being used or active for longer than 1 year, or 365 days. Then the chances are, it has been removed from the system.

Meanwhile I would try the options that I have given you, and I will try to see if there is any other way of getting your account back online,

Thanks for posting on these forums,

Volunteer Moderator | Xbox Ambassador | Article Author | Windows & Xbox Insider

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi Venus

What SunkNath said is a great bit of information and is probably the best way to retrieve your account. Could I suggest you call up your email provider and speak to them. As with Xbox accounts most emails make you set up secret questions prior to creating. If you can prove to your email provider you are who you say you will hopefully get access to your old email then be able to proceed to getting access to your xbox live account.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.