LOCKED: My Xbox was banned for unknown reasons.

I have been playing on my Xbox till Sunday night but Monday after school i got the message that my console has been banned. I have not received any notifications through email only when i try to go online. I would like to know the reason behind my console being banned.

I have the Modern Warfare 2 edition Xbox and it has never been opened or needed repair. I see that a lot of people have gotten banned the same time as me, was there a system glitch? I have not violated any of the terms of use that would result in my Xbox getting banned.

Please let me know what is going on or what i can do to get this reversed so i will not lose a perfectly fine Xbox. I was redirected to post in this forum 4 times.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

MS doesn't respond to questions about consolebans.  They also do not reinstate people who had a consoleban.

You are out of luck.  Sorry.

You can either

1)  use the banned console offline

2)  Buy a new one and transfer your gamertag over.  You should not lose any DLC,saved games or content in this way.

3)  Don't use XBOX products.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

Sorry this didn't help.

Console bans are not given out lightly. The only people who can help you with any regards to enforcement action taken against your account is the XBL PET. They can only be found in the My Live Account was Suspended forum, but they do not discuss console bans and will only re-direct you to the following link:

http://www.xbox.com/en-us/consoleban

Sorry this didn't help.

your not the only one who is concole banned the good news is you can unban your xbox if you own an unbaned xbox by kv sharing

you need to folow this [Removed] when [Removed]reloaded has booted write down your [Removed] and dvd key then open you origonal nand dump with 360 flash tool and change the banned kv with an unbaned one also make shure you change the dvd key or it wont boot or play games

Sorry this didn't help.

I have not done anything period. I have not committed market place theft, scam players out of information, nor modified my Xbox. Therefore I do not qualify for my system being banned. Every message I get involving other players trying to scam players i  delete them. I do not participate an any form the violates the Terms of Use.

Also I tried many times to post in the 14 Forum but was denied. After calling i was redirected yet again to the same forum.

Sorry this didn't help.

where did you buy the xbox from

Sorry this didn't help.

Same Here i was playing Modern Warfare 2 and once i got back from school the next day i was banned for no reason as well looks like I'm buying a ps3 now. And, i do not have a modified console or will ever have one and  i didn't even know you could steal from the marketplace

Sorry this didn't help.

I bought it from best buy new

Sorry this didn't help.

I got my console banned after an unknown user asked me to play a private game of Call of Duty: Black Ops with him a few days ago and was promptly hacked. Microsoft has no knowledge of this weakness in the CoD servers and will not admit to it. I have informed them about this and their non-disclosure, non-discussion policy will stand. I went as far as going to a local MS store and talk to the store manager who promptly gave me a runaround to keep posting in these forums when all you ever get is "WE DO NOT DISCUSS CONSOLE BANS" and you are referred to that site you mentioned. It seems that MS has gone to great lengths to make sure that you are in the dark about this and not offer you a chance to face your accuser and defend yourself. I am no longer an owner of an Xbox and will no longer purchase any of their products after this ridiculous debacle. Buy your son a PS3 and use it as a Bluray player. It's also free to play online! Just know that there will never be a reversal on your ban and you are stuck with a machine that can only do 10% of what it's capable of. For all intents and purposes, you are left with a $300 hunk of plastic. It's like using an iPhone and only make calls with it! Good luck.

Sorry this didn't help.