LOCKED: moved to a diffrent country !

hi i have moved from england to malaysia coz of my dads work and i have been trying all the solutions i could find to connect my xbox wirless adapter to my wirless conection box thing, everytime i try connecting its keeps saying cant obtain ip adress, help anyone :( 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 40 Applies to:

Hey mate, I don't believe Malaysia is part of a supported Xbox LIVE region.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there!

Unfortunately Malaysia is not part of the Xbox Network yet and as such services aren't provided there normally.

That is not to say all is lost however!  Due to the nature of these forums I am not able to detail how but I can tell you that you should look to "BRIDGE" your Xbox through your computer.  By doing some good Googling work and having a tech-savvy friend you can use your Computer as a spoof IP by closing off connections in your router to force your Xbox to believe it is in the United Kingdom.  This will then allow you to connect to the servers as approriate.

It's not supported Officially by Xbox but it's also not against the Terms of Service.  You also may have some serious lag issues and latency problems and your security could also be compromised but as long as you understand those risks you are more than welcome to do this.

So just look to bridge your xbox from the Modem to your Computer to Your Xbox and make the Computer think it's in the UK, problem solved.

Sorry this didn't help.

pretty sure that is against the rules of xbox live and this thread may get locked, just saying.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can now see I am not the only one.

I moved from Denmark to Australia, and would love to somehow change it, so every time I had to buy gold subscription, I would have to pay in Danish Krone, is there anyway I can change it?

My xbox has been set to Australian region.

Sorry this didn't help.

regions cannot be changed you would have to create a new account for the region your in (austrailia) and get MS points for it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I can't believe an XBL Ambassador & Community Expert is honestly explaining to someone how to violate the XBL Terms of Service. What you describe below most certainly is a violation of the XBL Terms of Service. ANY network manipulation is not allowed. If the use of a VPN is not allowed what would make you think the below method would be? Any attempts to redirect the XBL service from one region to another to gain access to it or any of its content is forbidden and will result in a permanent account/console ban from XBL when you (I mean this in general) are caught.

Xbox LIVE and Games for Windows LIVE Terms of Use

4.   Using the Service.

You must not:

• resell or redistribute the Service or any part of it; use any means we don’t authorize to modify, reroute, or gain access to the Service or attempt to carry out these activities;
  • use any unauthorized third-party software, service, or device to access the Service;
  • disrupt, or try to gain unauthorized access to any account, computer, hardware, or network related to the Service;

I hope this clears things up.

[quote user="SekondaHuet"]

Hey there!

Unfortunately Malaysia is not part of the Xbox Network yet and as such services aren't provided there normally.

That is not to say all is lost however!  Due to the nature of these forums I am not able to detail how but I can tell you that you should look to "BRIDGE" your Xbox through your computer.  By doing some good Googling work and having a tech-savvy friend you can use your Computer as a spoof IP by closing off connections in your router to force your Xbox to believe it is in the United Kingdom.  This will then allow you to connect to the servers as approriate.

It's not supported Officially by Xbox but it's also not against the Terms of Service.  You also may have some serious lag issues and latency problems and your security could also be compromised but as long as you understand those risks you are more than welcome to do this.

So just look to bridge your xbox from the Modem to your Computer to Your Xbox and make the Computer think it's in the UK, problem solved.

[/quote]

Sorry this didn't help.

yes and though you cannot fake a uk ip

you can still however access live though a regular broadband internet connection

however you cannot purchase UK region locked content

Sorry this didn't help.