LOCKED: Mods, please read and don't discount me as a fraud.

The last strings of any attachment to Microsoft are getting frayed every hour my console remains banned. I know you probably won't answer this but I implore you to listen and hear me out. 

After speaking to your customer service department for what seemed like hours, I got nowhere as to why and how my 360 was banned. However, an intrepid young man from my local Gamestop gave me a reason. I didn't even tell him what I had been playing the night before when he immediately said, "You were playing Black Ops and you accepted a private game from someone you didn't know." I said yes and told me that was why my console was banned. It was hacked by those people who through no fault of my own destroyed my console. I was the 6th person to have asked him about this and it doesn't seem to be an isolated incident. 

I do not know why you guys do not and will not discuss this as you have practically made my 360 useless as I use it to play online and watch Netflix 99% of the time. 

I will not buy another 360 as I did not cause the hack. 

I agreed to your terms of service...The hackers did not. 

This is akin to me telling the police my house was robbed yet I was the one that was punished. 

You have to address this. This is not fair. This is why APPLE beats you at everything. 

I would have walked out of an APPLE store with a new MacBook for free by now if the damage to my laptop was not my fault. I've seen it happen more than once to a couple of friends. 

I am not a criminal. I am a victim of circumstance perpetrated by lowlifes who sit in their basements trying to cause chaos. 

You cannot just sit there and tell me that you are going to ignore this because I know you can see this. 

I've been a loyal customer for 4 years. Never missed a subscription renewal...well maybe once when I went on vacation...

You and the hackers effectively bricked my device which I used my hard earned money to buy!

I was nothing but a fan of Sony and Nintendo until the 360 came out and now my PS3 is just used to watch Blurays and my Wii has been sold off...

Please read this and understand. 

You cannot send me to your console ban page and tell me that I either hacked my console, modified it, or attempted to commit fraud. 

I DID NONE OF THAT.  THAT IMPLICATION IS BORDERLINE, IF NOT COMPLETELY, LIBELOUS! 

Lift the ban or I will know that at Microsoft, the customer is never right. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

I feel you man. If you don't mind me asking, what xbox did you have, the old big one or the new slim version?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I have the old one...4 years old and NOT ONE time have I had any issues with it. No red rings. No nothing! Went to the MS store here in OC and after an hour of verifying my console was not tampered with, I left with instructions to post here AGAIN when it specifically says that they will NOT discuss console bans. I mean who does that? Cops tell you what exactly you did to get a ticket but this is MS not the law! How dare they accuse me of anything and not give me a chance to defend myself. I almost told off the customer service manager on the phone and let them know what happened but all i got was a DUHHHHHHH I don't knowwww....droollll....I would have so happy with them offering to wipe my system clean rather than just brush me off. I'm going to bring up APPLE again as I have posted above, 3 of my friends, in the past year have walked into the Apple store and couldn't get them to diagnose the issues with their stuff and walked out of there with NEW MacBooks and an iMac for FREE!!!

Sorry this didn't help.

My console has been banned too. I really have no clue why either, and the only thing the xbox support team does is copy and past links to the code of conduct and console ban section of the site. And it's not just us either, this has happen to many people recently. If you have some spare time please stop by my post and reply. forums.xbox.com/.../68423.aspx

Sorry this didn't help.

To be honest.  Whether you're fraudulent or genuine is somewhat irrelevant here.  There is nothing at all that can be done on these forums about console bans.

Sorry this didn't help.

The good old folks at the MS store in South Coast Plaza told me to come here AGAIN and gave me a sheet of instructions to follow...I hit the same wall after getting home and reading the papers they gave me which describes what the customer support people told me to begin with which is they don't discuss console bans. I am more mad at MS now than I am at the hacker who got into my 360 a couple days ago. At least the hacker did something to make my console do MORE than what it could do and MS took away 99% of what I use the console for! This is not right and I intend to fight this stupidity on MS's part. I guess the folks at the MS store will be getting to know me better these next few days unless this is resolved...That MS store, BTW, empty as fook...sad sad sad...

Sorry this didn't help.

Please note that the most common reason for a console ban is a modified console, but it is not the ONLY reason. It could have been theft on the marketplace, which has been happening recently.

As above though, console bans are permanent and cannot be reversed. If you want an official answer, the only place you will get it, is in section 14.

Sorry this didn't help.