[LOCKED] Image Removed

To whom it may concern,

I logged in today & after replying to a post I notice [Image Removed] where my signature should be. I no you said at the start of the re-launch that 'signatures' were a temporary feature, & when you look at some other sites you can see why, with people using inappropriate pictures & language but Ive not seen any evidence of it on here so why not let us continue using them. Even you have to admit the new site hasn't gone down very well, Ive NEVER known it so quiet,  but most people like the signatures & the ones who dont have the option to turn them off. So come on guys lets keep 'signatures' why cant you police them like you do for any other inappropriate content?

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Loads of people still have their images. It just goes to show the 'consistency' of the mods around here.

I don't think they know what they're doing anyway. Mine said [Large images not allowed] ... Though there are much larger ones than mine, that still haven't been removed.

If they're going to do this, remove EVERYONES, not just a few when you can be bothered...

I think I've seen all of TWO mods post about FOUR times since this 'brilliant' switchover.

They should let us keep them, after the "brilliant switchover" this site doesn't have much else going for it anymore but the signatures was the Main reason Im still here.

Just stick it back in. I'm gonna. I'll let them remove it permanently, when they treat everyone the same.

i think there just trying to totally kill off this forum.

My guess is it was either an animated gif, or not Xbox related.

Those are the ones that seem to be removed as far as i can see on my wanderings around the forum.

It was made known at the very launch of the new layout that it was a feature that was going to be removed, the US moderators have been enforcing this rule for far longer then the UK Mods allowed it to continue, as you could see when a uk mod would enter a thread, full of posts from people with image signatures, comment then locking the thread but did nothing about the image sigs...now its being enforced as everywhere else....if you knew it was going to happen theres no point complaining that it finally has...especially as all its doing is removing pointless things like a secondary gamercard, a banner with a gamertag or animated gif......the forums will still die even if they allowed it to continue

But I do agree that the feature should be completely removed rather then just asking them...not to use it

Four attemps to post *sigh*

I've had my signature image removed, however the only thing which i'd say was wrong was that it was 50 pixels wider than supposed to be.

One thing which concerns me is that ping, speedtest, gamer profiles (xbox, psn, steam ...etc), many GIF's and many images which are twice the size are still around.

Care to comment mods/ mvps/ staff ?

I'm no fan of the image sigs but it does seem odd to me to remove features that came with this 'upgrade', if they do that then what was the point in switching in the first place...the slower loading time?

Perhaps the reason they are going to remove the feature is a matter of policing. After all I suspect the people who would report an image sig have already turned them off in the options, so that would mean the moderators would have to actively police the forum which, with rare exception, they don't seem willing to do.

[quote user="makinmagic3"]

[/quote]About the only chance you've got of a reply from them is to ask on the Feedback section of the forum, they seem very quick to rise to the defence of the new set-up on there.

I can't understand why they're removing them manually... Well apart from the whole not having to pay the web development team (who I assume are paid per time spent working rather than full time) to do it.

[quote user="makinmagic3"]

[/quote]

Unless you actually report your post the chance of a mod seeing it is about 1,000,000 to 1. (No, million to one chances do not occur nine times out of ten).