LOCKED: I have been robbed

Recently I purchased a three month subscription to a gold membership of xbox live.  After trying to connect to live, I was prompted to download an update.  The update, however, was unable to be completed and an error screen appeared.  To make a long story short, I called into the xbox support 800 number and they said that my xbox had been "modified" and was booted out of the system.  I do not understand how this could have happened.  I do not play a lot of xbox, but when I do, I play either Call of Duty or Rainbow 6, and that's about it.  I am not half as smart as I would have to be in order to "modify" anything.  

After explaining this to the support people, they said that they were sorry and that they could do nothing about my situation.  I asked if I could send my xbox in so that they could see that it hadn't been modified.  They said that the xbox is out of warranty so I would have to spend 120 dollars.  They also advised that I don't do that because it was an old system and I should just buy a new one.  

Fine.  I decided not to push it any further and just bend over.  I ended up needing to spend 300 dollars for a new xbox because the 250 gb hard drive that i have for my arcade xbox obviously isn't compatible with the newer xboxes.  Great.  Three hundred dollars later, I finally have my new xbox and I'm trying to get onto live.  Surprise surprise, when I try to play on live it says that my PROFILE is no longer allowed to use xbox live.  

Now I am upset.  Not only did I have to spend 300 dollars that I never should have had to because I have no idea how to "modify" my xbox, but now I have hours of saved information that I lost because my PROFILE is also banned (something that system failed to mention until AFTER my 300 dollar purchase).

I called into support again explaining all of this and asking if they can reverse the ban on my profile.  Apparently this isn't possible.  But they did tell me that "a long and thorough investigation of a console goes on before it is banned."  It would have been nice to be notified about this investigation so I could have stopped whatever I might have been doing (which was just simply playing two games that I bought).    

Anyway, they said that if I post my complaint on the support forums, someone can look into the whole situation and explain to me what it is that I was doing that got my xbox, and my profile, banned from the system.  So here I am.    

My gamertag was [mod removed]

Thank you 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

These is the incorrect forum for questions regarding account suspensions, you will need to post in this one:

forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.