LOCKED - gold membership

I just bought xbox live gold membership on the computer and it seems to not work on my account on my xbox. How long should i wait before it should work, i turned the console off multiple times and signed out of my account. On the marketplace when i go to my account management it says i have gold membership but the step before that it says free xbox live. 

What can i do?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 490 Applies to:

Hi there.

When you purchase a subscription via www.xbox.com it can take several hours before the profile on your console is updated. However there are a few things you can do to remedy this time period. Try one of the following:

1. Clear the update cache on your xbox 360, then sign out and back into xbox LIVE.
  2. Recover your xbox LIVE gamertag.

If you need help finding out how to clear the update cache, follow these steps:

1. Navigate to the "My xbox" slide on the xbox 360 dashboard.
  2. Scroll right, to the last page which is the "System Settings" page.
  3. Select Memory from the list of options.
  4. Highlight the memory unit and hit Y on your xbox 360 controller.
  5. Select the option to clear the update cache and perform maintenance on the hard drive.
  6. Sign out and back into xbox LIVE.

Your profile should now be updated to the most recent version (being the one with an active Gold subscription). It is advised that you purchase subscription time via the console as your profile will update immediately after you complete the purchase.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

When you renew your membership on xbox.com sometimes it takes a little bit to transfer over to the console. Deleting your gamertag and recovering it back to your xbox will speed up the process. Just be sure when you delete the tag you only delete the tag and not the content associated with the account you don't want to lose your game saves.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.