LOCKED - Forced to choose an Xbox Live Gold account?

Hello there.

I've had an xbox live gold account for a while, but after becoming a student and having no job, (plus the price increase), I can't afford it anymore. Thinking that my Gold account would just run out, and I would just be demoted to a silver account, I did nothing.

Now, I've been notified that there was a problem with my card, and that I must enter new payment information, or edit an old one. Under the options, there is the notice that I will be charged at this time. For a gold account for one year. That I don't want.

What gives? I've tried to select a Silver account, to no avail. 

Also, I'm pretty sure my gold account attempted to just draft money (which I didn't ask for the reoccurring account) and made me overdraft. Also, I can't even log into xbox live anymore!

Not very happy.. help, please?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Also, is there no way to DELETE a payment option?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

forums.xbox.com/.../5124.aspx

that sticky covers all your questions

Sorry this didn't help.

Yeaaah when you first create the account it warns/informs that you will be charged annually, an auto-renewal happening. Instead of doing nothing you should've called Xbox Support and through a simple enough process you could've ended the sub or renewal, whichever was more convienient. Now you have to pay what you owe and then you will be able to revert to silver, and remember to turn off autorenewal!

EDIT: In regards to deleting a payment, you will first have to pay off what you owe and then cancel the subscription, so after all thats done you can have the payment method deleted. This can all pretty much be done over the phone, save paying what you owe. That must be done by you.

Sorry this didn't help.

automatic renewal is a reality. read the terms of use and be more careful when agreeing to a legally binding contract.

Sorry this didn't help.