[locked] Console banned....Explaination please Microsoft?!

Well I came home from work today to find my console had been banned from xbox live.  After reading the message and visiting the MS FAQ's it appears I have been banned for breaching T & C's by using a modified console of some description.  So lets look at the evidence that I can supply

1. Console Tampering - Nope! bought console brand new from game and have proof of purchase, plus a new copy of MW2 and BOps which are the only games I play.

2. Online fraud - I'm just a simple home user, not only would I not enter into such folly I wouldn't know how to even if I wanted to!

3. Repeat egregious violations - OK this one I have a hard time with because my online settings are such that I cannot receive/send voice or text messeges except from friends and I cannot listen in or talk to any player whilst online.  However, I have had my Xbox live account suspended before for repeated complaints.  I find this ridiculous because I only play the game, I don't trash talk or send/receive text messges as I am unable to.

The fact that Microsoft can render a £200 console virtually useless with no explaination is beyond ludicrous and should not be allowed.  For a simple home user as myself surely this is counter preductive because I find myself in the position of either splashing out for another console or taking the route of actually hacking the console so I don't have to.  Therefore Microsoft in their inifinite wisdom has made a potential pirate out of a law abding end user that has carried out everything properly.

Further more as I am completely innocent of 1, 2 & 3 I can only assume that all it takes is for you to aggravate your fellow online players sufficiently (in my case by winning games) to have Microsoft blow away your console and therefore online experience with zero explanation.

Come on Microsoft, I appreciate that the minority of the online community that do decide to modify their consoles costs millions, but you owe it to your hard working, law abiding customers that provide you with guargantuan profits to have a process along the lines of 'innocent until 'PROVEN' guilty!' at least to have access to exactly why they were banned in the first place would help!!

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

Have you checked your emails?

Nobody here works for Microsoft.

Why aren't you contacting Microsoft?

They banned your console... not us.

Post in the "Why's my console banned forums" on these boards and we shall all look forwards to watching Microsoft issue you with a public apology for being the first person they actually banned in error.

Az

Please link us to your post.

We'd all love to see the official apology like I mentioned above.

Az

No one gets banned for nothing.

If you've had your console banned, then you've done something to deserve it. Although there's been false reports in the past, it's highly unlikely they've picked on you as a random individual and slapped you with a ban.

Good luck with the appeal, don't think it'll turn out good though [Y]

Pretty sure I've had many complaints against myself and never been banned and I have let steam off on plenty of deserving people hence I don't play cod due to cheaters making me so but never banned, have u had auto renew on gold and never paid up???

[quote user="M3tal T3mplar"]

1. Console Tampering - Nope! bought console brand new from game and have proof of purchase, plus a new copy of MW2 and BOps which are the only games I play.

[/quote]

I'm having a hard time seeing how this proves you didn't tamper with your console. Just because you brought it new that doesn't mean you haven't tampered with it.

A better way to prove it is to take the front facia off your system and take a photo of the untampered sticker seal.

I do however see MW2 and BLOPs and that's not normally a good sign.

Is it just me or does his avatar look like it has a serious liver problem. its got a horrible yellowy green skin colouration which I don't think I've ever seen before.

Also the whole hidden played games list casts some some shadows on the not a modder claim (not saying everyone with a hidden play list is one)

[quote]

Post here: forums.xbox.com/.../41.aspx

[/quote]Two things.

Don't post on that board as it does not work. This forum code is written by chimps flinging their poo at a keyboard. As such the board given behind the provided link does not work, you could try posting at this one 15 - Account Suspensions v2.

Secondly Microsoft do not provide any information on console bans beyond what is available here http://www.xbox.com/en-GB/consoleban. So even if you do post you wont get any information beyond the console ban link.