LOCKED: Console Banned

Hello,

I wanted to know why my console has been banned.  I use it to watch NetFlix and I dont play any games online.  Please let me know by forum reply or email me at *** Email address is removed for privacy ***

Than you

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It's not a good idea to post your email on a public forum, as people could spam it.

Sadly however I'm afraid that neither the Support team or Enforcement team will answer queries about console bans. They will only point you to this page on the forum Console Suspensions - Xbox.com

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yeah that was not smart on my part.  I accept full responsibility for the ban because I bought this console off a guy on Craigslist, just wanted to know why it was banned.  I guess I'm in the market for a new one.  Thanks for the reply, If there is a way to know, I would appreciate it.

Thank you for the quick reply

Sorry this didn't help.

Sadly there is no way to find out why you were console banned, no-one who could tell you, will tell you.

You could try checking around the seams of the console, and check if the warranty sticker is intact, to see if it has been opened. That would at least tell you if the console has been modified internally.

I know it can seem a good saving to buy second hand but many people will sell on consoles they suspect that are going to be banned. Sadly it is the innocent purchaser that must suffer the consequences.

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft never releases information why a console was banned.

Your best bet would be to do what voteDC has suggested to see if the console was modified internally.

Sorry this didn't help.

If your console has been suspended, it is due to a gross violation of the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use or Code of Conduct identified by the Xbox LIVE Policy and Enforcement team. This thread is now locked, as this is not open for discussion on the Xbox Support forums. You can post in the forum titled " 14 My Xbox LIVE Account was suspended . " 

For more information on Console Suspensions, please visit: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoleban 

Sorry this didn't help.