LOCKED: console banned

I recovered my xbox live gamertag onto my friends console to play black ops at his house, then when i came home and i tried to recover my xbox live account back onto my xbox and it said console banned. i Dont have any idea why this would have happened. i talked to an agent from xbox support and he said that this can be permanent and that i would have to purchase a new xbox. I really dont have the money to purchase a new console. If there is anything you could do to solve this problem that would be amazing. please help!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Unfortunately console bans are permanent and they are not reversed. If you want to keep playing on an Xbox, you will have to buy a new one.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

same thing happened to me man, i called the microsoft agent and he said that my call was the 5th one he's had that day. im thinking that either something is wrong with the system or we were hacked. im hoping that this isnt the same thing that happened to the PS3 thing. if it is, we may just have to wait a while.

Sorry this didn't help.

I don't know why phone support is directing people here, surely they must no that Microsoft never provide a reason for console bans.

The only place that deals with them is this page Console Suspensions - Xbox.com

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello. If your Xbox 360 console has been suspended, it is due to a gross violation of the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use or Code of Conduct identified by the Xbox LIVE Policy and Enforcement team. This thread is now locked, as this is not open for discussion on the Xbox Support forums. You can post in the forum titled " 14 My Xbox LIVE Account was suspended . " 

For more information on Console Suspensions, please visit: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoleban 

Sorry this didn't help.