LOCKED: Console Banned With No Cause

Hi

So I was sent here after talking to customer support for an hour on the phone and I'm sad to say I'm not very optimistic about the feedback I'm going to get. My console was banned from xbox live.

I have NOT done any of the following ban explanations listed.

Consoles can be suspended from Xbox LIVE for a number of reasons including, but not limited to:

• Console tampering: Physically opening the Xbox and modifying it to play illegitimate software.
  • Online fraud: Attempting to social engineer users, take over Xbox LIVE accounts, or other fraudulent activities.
  • Repeat egregious violations: Multiple actions taken on accounts on the console by the Enforcement team for disrupting the service or impacting users.

So I know without a doubt that a mistake has been made. A mistake that impedes my use of the XBOX live service and my console, both which have financial bearings.

The question is what do I do.

If you're going to tell me there's nothing that you can do and nothing I can do, I'm sorry but that is simply not acceptable.

There is no reason that it is lawful for me to to have to pay more money for a new console when I have one in perfectly working condition for a ban that I do not see any merit for the conditions listed in your guidelines.

I apologize for the fact that this message may come off in a harsh tone, but so far the response by any level of customer support has been terrible. I'm looking for SUPPORT... giving me 0 information and putting me in a situation where after I've been a loyal member of the community for almost 3 years now I have nowhere to turn to for assistance is just ridiculous for this large of an organization.

I'm looking for at least some point of escalation to move this forward with the following:

- Detailed information of why my console was banned so I can either understand what I did to violate the guidelines or troubleshoot if an error was committed by Microsoft

or

- An investigation completed that would result in the ban being lifted off my console

I'm sure I will be told that the above is not possible (please prove me wrong though).

Otherwise I hope that some moderator can offer me the following:

- A phone number by which I can contact a supervisor to further investigate and/or understand the issue at hand allowing me to further escalate the matter up the management chain

- A phone number to contact Microsoft (Xbox/Live) legal department so they can explain to me how the circumstance I'm facing by being given zero information and have financial purchases impeded from me are actions that are legal and justified with accordance by US consumer laws

Any further direction that can be offered to me would be greatly appreciated.

I'm just looking for answers and to not have to waste more money on Microsoft's potential mistake. If i can be offered information to justify the console ban then of course I will gladly understand but at this time I do not see any areas of my own actions that could have warranted this scenario

Thanks for listening! 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 232 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I'm afraid that neither Support or the Enforcement team will answer console ban queries, the most they will do is point you to this page Console Suspensions - Xbox.com.

They are never reversed, so your only option to get back online is to buy another console.

You could try posting on board 14 of this section, which is the only place the Enforcement team post, but all they will do is point you toward the above link. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If you read my message above, your note is not acceptable. If someone can't offer me the proper feedback on here to get some escalation on this situation. Unfortunately, I will have no choice but to search for other points of contact with Microsoft / Xbox.

Customer Support's Phone Services sent me here telling me this would be the best place to find out more information. If this venue doesn't offer me the proper support then I guess I have no choice but to keep pushing the issue with the corporation and any other venue I can find.

I realize this is a gaming console, but it's fairly expensive product on it's own not to mention all the additional software and peripherals.

I'm being accused of scamming the community and Microsoft by not following the guidelines above and supposedly modifying my console.

I know for a fact that my console has not been modified. It has never been opened and the warranty seal is unhindered.

So essentially of Microsoft won't offer me support for a banned console that has not broken it's guidelines, they are the ones scamming their consumers to force them into purchasing new products for no reason, illegally pressuring consumers who have already invested quite a bit of money in all the different digital, software and hardware components of the console into spending more money for a new console without formal explanation.

There's no way that this method of handling business is right, justified or I'd believe even lawful. Now whether the Xbox agreement has insertions that allow Microsoft to do this I am not sure. If this is how Microsoft treats it's consumers then it's truly unfortunate and I believe others should listen to how the company scams it's own consumers.

So as I said above, someone please provide me with my next point of escalation to understand and/or resolve this situation.

Thanks

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry if my answer was not what you were looking for but there really is no where else to escalate this unless you are willing to take legal action.

Phone support do seem to send people here for some reason, which is very odd considering the vast majority of people helping are just community members like yourself.

I hope you find the resolution you are looking for. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Customer support do not deal with policy enforcement and many of the phone agents seem to give bad information.

Acceptable or not it is what it is.
There is no appeal process for console bans or any type of escalation, they always stand as issued and are permanent.
You will need to buy a new console if you want to gain access to LIVE again.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm afraid voteDC is right here. They do state that they have the right to ban any account/console that is found to have been modified in any way in their Terms of Use. Now I'm not saying that you have modified your Xbox (Just to be clear).

The only way to take this further, would be the legal route as suggested above.

Sorry this didn't help.

thank you I appreciate your feedback. You're not a moderate correct? I will wait to see if I get an official Microsoft employee to give me some feedback here or at least another point of escalation.

I am willing and have the resources to take legal action. I really would just like my rights to be supported and to find some answers which I think are all reasonable here.

I'll have some patience and see how this goes, but this doesn't seem like something worth sweeping under the carpet.

Sorry this didn't help.

You can identify a Microsoft employee by their level.

Ones who work in Support will have an S. Enforcement agents will have an X.

Sorry this didn't help.

so you're telling me I have to SUE Microsoft.... just to find out why my Xbox was banned?

so my options here are... invest money to press legal charges against the corporation to subpena the company just to give me information here?

or

blindly accept this from Microsoft and either go out and spend more money on a new console or accept the loss of any investment I made on all the other Xbox products ?

Those seem like to ridiculous and utterly extreme options that Microsoft is leaving it's users with.

Sorry this didn't help.

I completely agree with you. Reasons should be given for console bans just as they are for gamertags.

However they have refused to give console ban reasons for as long as I've been visiting these forums and I don't see them changing their minds any time soon. 

Sorry this didn't help.

I completely agree with you. Today my Modern Warfare 2 Edition Xbox was banned for unknown reasons. It has never been opened or modded yet it was banned. I do not cheat in fact i see no reason to do so because it kills the fun. But good luck to you. The only choices we were given were forums or sue, this is where we decided.

Sorry this didn't help.