So I was sent here after talking to customer support for an hour on the phone and I'm sad to say I'm not very optimistic about the feedback I'm going to get. My console was banned from xbox live.
I have NOT done any of the following ban explanations listed.
Consoles can be suspended from Xbox LIVE for a number of reasons including, but not limited to:
- Console tampering: Physically opening the Xbox and modifying it to play illegitimate software.
- Online fraud: Attempting to social engineer users, take over Xbox LIVE accounts, or other fraudulent activities.
- Repeat egregious violations: Multiple actions taken on accounts on the console by the Enforcement team for disrupting the service or impacting users.
So I know without a doubt that a mistake has been made. A mistake that impedes my use of the XBOX live service and my console, both which have financial bearings.
The question is what do I do.
If you're going to tell me there's nothing that you can do and nothing I can do, I'm sorry but that is simply not acceptable.
There is no reason that it is lawful for me to to have to pay more money for a new console when I have one in perfectly working condition for a ban that I do not see any merit for the conditions listed in your guidelines.
I apologize for the fact that this message may come off in a harsh tone, but so far the response by any level of customer support has been terrible. I'm looking for SUPPORT... giving me 0 information and putting me in a situation where after I've been a loyal member of the community for almost 3 years now I have nowhere to turn to for assistance is just ridiculous for this large of an organization.
I'm looking for at least some point of escalation to move this forward with the following:
- Detailed information of why my console was banned so I can either understand what I did to violate the guidelines or troubleshoot if an error was committed by Microsoft
- An investigation completed that would result in the ban being lifted off my console
I'm sure I will be told that the above is not possible (please prove me wrong though).
Otherwise I hope that some moderator can offer me the following:
- A phone number by which I can contact a supervisor to further investigate and/or understand the issue at hand allowing me to further escalate the matter up the management chain
- A phone number to contact Microsoft (Xbox/Live) legal department so they can explain to me how the circumstance I'm facing by being given zero information and have financial purchases impeded from me are actions that are legal and justified with accordance by US consumer laws
Any further direction that can be offered to me would be greatly appreciated.
I'm just looking for answers and to not have to waste more money on Microsoft's potential mistake. If i can be offered information to justify the console ban then of course I will gladly understand but at this time I do not see any areas of my own actions that could have warranted this scenario
Thanks for listening!