Locked: Console Banned? Don't call Support.

As you all know, several thousand Xbox 360's were caught in the banhammer in this latest week.  It's nothing new.  Sure everyone says they didn't do anything wrong, and maybe some of you are right, but the majority of you are wrong.

Ever thought it would be cheaper to get your console repaired by a friend? by someone on craigslist? Perhaps even a "licensed" repair center? Sure it's cheap but it also leads to a console ban because the self diagnostics in the console itself will detect system tampering and boom! headshot.  The only "licensed" 360 repair center is the one done through Xbox Support or Xbox.com, anything else runs the risk of being tampered with, whether intentional or not, by whoever you are sending it to to get repaired.  You want a cheap repair? Extend your warranty with Xbox when you believe your year is about to run out.  The most you'll spend is 24-45 dollars compared to 119 by calling support or 99 for doing it on Xbox.com, and you extend your warranty by 1-2 years respectively.

Did you buy your console used? You run the risk of being console banned because you aren't the original owner, and you can't ever know exactly what was done with the console before you bought it.  Save a little money, buy new.  It's far worth it.

Have family in the house? Set up online safety, Xbox Live Passcodes, Family Settings, prevent them from doing things they shouldn't while you aren't around to watch them.  You want your console safe? Protect it. 

There is no undo for a Console Ban.  There is no reversal.  It doesn't matter how many lawsuits you try to put out, as Microsoft will simply say what their Terms of Use (TOU) says in big bold letters (which I highly advise you read, which most of you dont):

TERMINATION/ACCESS RESTRICTION

Microsoft reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to terminate your access to any or all Xbox.com Web Site and the related services or any portion thereof at any time, without notice.

If you were console banned, it was for a justified reason.  You don't get a refund, you don't get to pass go, you will not collect $200 on the way out.  They won't refund you for your console or the games and accessories you bought, and for one simple reason....not to steal your money, not to make you look like a fool....but you broke a contract, and you lose rights as a customer with Microsoft if you fail to adhere to your side of the deal.  Why should Microsoft be required to reward you for spitting in their face and not following their legally binding contract?  They shouldn't and they wont.

So save yourself the trouble.  Don't call support, they will simply repeat what I've just said, maybe even less.  Save yourself the hassle of waiting on the phone simply to be told no.  The same goes with Account Bans.  Xbox Support does not hold any access to the enforcement teams systems, and can not ever explain to you why you were banned nor can they undo it for you.  No matter how high you go up in the chain you will never find anyone that has the ability to do so. 

And also as a side note, Enforcement Team does not have a locally given Support Number.  Simple reason being - Microsoft keeps support numbers up for SUPPORT RESOLUTION.  There will never be any resolution for a ban call because there is no undo.  There is no disputing, there would only be little kids and mouthy adults ranting about how Xbox "sucks", "steals", and "needs to be sued", or the always popular "I'm going to ps3" (which by the way isn't a valid threat to Microsoft.  Because, 1 little blip on the map dimming doesn't drain the power of the rest of the lights, so you aren't really doing them any harm by leaving, and if you were banned, they are probably better off without you)

-Unofficial Xbox Supporter.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 179 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

FpR React as liqautic said you should probably post in the enforcement forums. Understand what you said though liquatic makes sense I suppose. Just when that big red dialog box appears you feel almost like a kid who's favourite teddy has been taken away and the parent saying "you know what you did". Don't get me wrong i've been a smartarse on the mic once or twice, I never use the thing mostly because I can't stand flaming my only clue to my ban would be that reason, seems to be very harsh but who knows maybe its something completely different. Now its time to decide to hang up my controllers for good or invest in a new console even a ps3? hahaha eww never ps3 :P

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

You say that if one person leaves xbox that they wouldnt notice but if 100000 left..that be a whole new story.

Sorry this didn't help.

Key phrase in the console ban FAQ is "but not limited too", the reasons listed are the most common ones but it's a broad spectrum. However you'll never get into a situation where dropping the F bomb once because you got spooked by a crawler in a game of Zombies will get your console banned.

Sorry this didn't help.

Answer our questions then. Get us answers from the top.

Sorry this didn't help.

FpR React: I know how you feel, I am in the same boat as you with college. I actually bought another Xbox 360 for my dorm. I'm afraid when I go there this Tuesday that that one will be banned as well due to there being no explanation and not knowing what to expect from the "experts" behind the banning process. Please Microsoft, I beg you for answers, all I want is to know the charges against my crime.

Sorry this didn't help.

It wasnt over the course of 2-3 days, the recent ban sweep has been investigated for several months, they just decided to couple all the shut downs at the same time for a more efficient sweep.  The automated system detects tampering, and agents investigate it's validity.  that takes longer than 2-3 days, and there definitely arent enough agents to do it in 2-3 days.   So no, it was done over time and just now came to light.

Section 17 refers to the shut down of Xbox Live as a whole for no reason.  If for some reason the service is shut down, then members will be refunded a pro-rated amount.  This isn't to be translated as YOUR service, but the service as a whole.   They will not compensate you for breaking a contract, that's a different ballfield. And yeah, a large number of people are affected, but it doesnt make it any less valid.  So many people are posting at the same time because the sweep happened all at once.  Logic would tell you that so many people would obviously be upset at the same time.  

Sorry this didn't help.

dude this kid isn't even an expert, maybe just a die hard Microsoft fan like what I once was. He's an average joe like us trying to be the "one with the answers" I need a Moderator to let US know what's going on?

Sorry this didn't help.

Legendary your account should be fine, if you have a Hard Drive and bring it to a friends house your account data should be completely fine, it's just that CONSOLE can never go on LIVE again.

Microsoft doesnt reveal details on Console Bans because if they did and people knew what was being banned they'd find exploits to get around it.  All it would take is several console bans and different explanations and feeling around before you'd finally be able to get around the enforcement systems.  Then imagine how fun Call of Duty would be when everyone was walking through walls and never getting banned for it.

Sorry this didn't help.

I know more than you think.  Trust me.  

Sorry this didn't help.

My console was banned for no reason. I've yet to recieve an email. I didn't do anything to violate the terms of use I just want to know why. Stop feeding us the "go read TOU" bull. I believe the fine print says Console tampering: Physically opening the Xbox and MODIFYING it to play illegitimate software." Opening it does't break the TOU, it voids the given warranty, so why start off your speech by mentioning third party repairs. I just want answers not a broken record.

Sorry this didn't help.