LOCKED: Console Ban For Violations Of Terms Of Use.

This is my sons gamertag and account. On Mon. Aug. 29th he turned on his condsole to play COD: Black Ops (as usual) and received the following msg. "This console has been banned for violations of the terms of use. To protect the Xbox Live service and it's members, Microsoft does not provide details about console bans. There is no recourse for terms of use violations." I have been in contact with Live support and was directed to post a thread in this forum. Can someone from the Enforcement Team Please contact me at the email contained in the billing information associated with this gamertag or request a private chat so that I can get to the bottom of this. His console was bought brand new from Dell and he knows that any attempt to physically alter it would result in bodily harm. He also does not posses the knowledge or desire(once again, bodily harm) to manipulate deceive or overuse/overrun the Live service. Please contact me so that we at least know WHY his console was banned. Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 62 Applies to:

The Enforcement team only communicate via this part of the forum 14 - My LIVE account was suspended . Though the only information they will provide is this Console Suspensions - Xbox.com.

Console bans are never over-turned, so I'm afraid if he wants back on Live a new console will be needed.

Ask your son if he could have done anything against these Terms of Use and Code of Conduct. Such as downloading a shared profile from the internet in order to get 'free' DLC for Black Ops.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

you've got to wonder why xbox support keeps on sending people to this specfic forum.

Sorry this didn't help.

They like us really.

That being said they are correct to send people to this forum for terms of use violations. Phone support can't help it if those people then ignore the forum marked "my xbox account was suspended" and try their luck with a sob story in here instead.

Sorry this didn't help.

Talax I've questioned that very thing myself. It is a waste of time for them to send people here since the only response they will get is to go to the console ban link, something they could tell the people to do on the phone.

Vernier. Usually they would be right but console bans are different to account bans, in that no reasons are given and all the Enforcement team will do is send people to the console ban link. So why isn't Support telling them to go to that link.

Sorry this didn't help.

Someone from up on high should've told them about that link now.

Then again it's likely they are telling people about that link but people are choosing to ignore it anyway and then say phone support told them to post here when questioned. Like those people who bleat about their ban and then say they never got an e-mail.

Sorry this didn't help.

True. I suppose I'm just trying to keep positive :P

Sorry this didn't help.

Here is my understanding of why MS takes the stand they do on consolebans:

1)  They claim that their method of detection (which they don't disclose) is conservative in nature, so they have near 100% confidence that they do not ban a console incorrectly.   Since they provide no further details, that is something that users will have to trust MS on.

2)  Because of #1 they don't want to waste resources on handling console bans.  I.e. since there is no recourse and they are sure they are always correct, why waste people resources to answering questions?

3)  As to why MS refuses to comment or provide any recourse:

a)  A console ban is a serious step only taken when they are confident.  In their view, that console was used for things that violate the TOU and CoC to the extreme.   They don't feel the need to let you know since (and this is just my opinion), somone who has a banned conole is JUST NOT THE KIND OF CUSTOMER THEY WANT.  People who have consoles that were banned, take that as you may.

b)  I also believe that they don't want to provide information on exactly why they are banning so as to keep people that are doing things that are questionable always in doubt as to what they are doing.  

As far as MS is concerned, to "buy" back their trust that the user broke by violating the ToU and CoC, the suitable punishment (assuming you want to get back on live), is to buy a new console.  They will then assume (until you are possibly banned again) that you are now trustworthy again.

Sorry this didn't help.

All I have to say about this topic, is that a lot of us have taken the raw, hard shaft. I now have a useless xbox that I bought brand new from gamestop and has never been touched, nor have i broke any rules.. Sigh... and I thought microsoft was superior to Sony.. It's been a nice run M$

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned  consoles as they are permanent.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

Sorry this didn't help.

@Cleesj-How is your console now rendered useless? You can still use it offline. Useless would be if it didn't work at all.

Sorry this didn't help.