(Locked) console ban for no reason

So ive been reading up on reasons for console bans and i guess usually its because of tampering with the xbox to play pirated games or because of hacking other peoples accounts. I have proof that I never tampered with my xbox. I bought a refurbished xbox 360 from gamestop 1 and a half years ago (i have the receit still) and they put this gamestop tape stuff over the back middle line thing and also on the front face where the disk drive thing is. Neither of those pieces of tape (its not scott tape its like barcode and like gamestop info stuff about the xbox) has been disturbed. I also read that it is possible for the previous owner to have tampered with it and then i buy it from gamestop. If that is true shouldnt i have been banned at least a year ago instead of today? And as for the hacking other peoples accounts i dont know how i can prove i didnt do it because i have no clue how one does it in the first place. I guess you can check to see that all the accounts on my xbox originated on my xbox i really dont know. Look all i do is play halo 3 all day. I like to play on my 50s in doubles snipes and mlg. I dont mod i dont hack and i dont even have any friends that host boot. The only crime i could possibly think of is boosting my friend in doubles using my booster account but i have been banned for that before and it was only a 1 week ban by bungie not a permanent xbox live ban... So please just help me through this... i am willing to post pics of my xbox 360 tapes that i have mentioned above. I really want to get back to playing halo 3... if there is any number or email i can contact for in depth info on how to proceed ( customer service number referred me here) i would really appreciate it, i realise these bans include heavy investigation but trust me when i say its wrong... do a scan of my comp or something lol i have nothing that is used for any crime... I wont be able to afford a new xbox because i recently bought a new guitar and bass for my band so if i dont get this ban lifted i guess ill just save up for xbox 720 or whatever you guys are gonna call it, sorry for the long post but please i need help understanding how to undo this mistake

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 5 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

[quote user="fT Foul Play"]

I dont mod i dont hack[/quote]Yeah, nice GS reset there on your gamertag.

Either way, modding and cheating is not the only reason for a console ban http://www.xbox.com/en-AU/consoleban.  Also, it could be the actions of another account that has been on that console, or another person who has used your account on that console.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

i let my friend borrow my account on his xbox so that he had an account to play mlg on and when i recovered it i guess something glitched and my gamerscore reset not because of modding gamerscore or anything, you can look that problem up on youtube its kinda wierd i didnt look to much into it because i didnt really care, as for actions of another account that has been on this console no account that i have borrowed comes to mind as a hacker and besides the only 2 people i have borrowed accounts from are playing as i type this. And no one uses my xbox except myself.

Sorry this didn't help.

o wow yea i just clicked on my account to change my motto so my friends could know why im not online and yea i guess my gamerscore was reset idk honestly please disregard that glitch statement above i guess i just assumed it was the glitch because it happened when i recovered the gamertag but umm yea idk i guess i did get reset i honestly have nothing to say about it except that other people have been gamerscore reset without console ban so yea idk...

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="fT Foul Play"]

i let my friend borrow my account on his xbox so that he had an account to play mlg on and when i recovered it i guess something glitched and my gamerscore reset not because of modding gamerscore or anything, you can look that problem up on youtube its kinda wierd i didnt look to much into it because i didnt really care, as for actions of another account that has been on this console no account that i have borrowed comes to mind as a hacker and besides the only 2 people i have borrowed accounts from are playing as i type this. And no one uses my xbox except myself.

[/quote]

Therein lies you problem.  Whatever you friend does on your account (good or bad), YOU have to face the consequences of, not him.  Basically, anything that happens on your account is your responsibility.  It is possible that friend of yours did something he wasn't suppose to, now you're paying for that.

Sorry this didn't help.

First of all: Gamerscore resets are only done if Microsoft is 100% sure that Gamerscore points were obtained illegitimately. You say you gave your profile to a friend? Maybe he *ahem* unlocked *cough* some achievements for you with a hacking tool instead of playing. If you want to know why your Gamerscore was reset, you can try to ask in the Accounts suspension forum.

But back to your console problem: If you are really and honestly sure, you (or someone you asked to do it) didn't fix anything on the console, there is a slight chance, that either Gamestop or the previous owner of the console attempted to "repair" a defective DVD drive.

The last updates specifically check for modified or swapped drives, and fail the update. So disregard the Gamestop stickers. Are the original Microsoft warranty seals still intact on that console?

If not, the best advice would be to return the console to Gamestop and have them give you a not-unlicensed-repaired console.

Sorry this didn't help.

Sorry dude. Once a consoe ban has been issued... IT CAN NOT BE LIFTED IN ANYWAY CONSOLE BANS ARE ALSO NOT DISCUSSED BY MODERATERS OR ANY ONE AT MICROSOFT. There is not some one you can contact to get unbanned

Sorry this didn't help.

but if a previous owner or gamestop modified the xbox why wasnt i console banned over a year ago instead and suddenly banned now? and if theres no1 i can contact to identify the specific reason why i was console banned then that is unacceptable, i know they do an investigation and im sure most people reading my story are skeptical of my story but its true and i really want to talk to some1 who can tell me exact reasons why i was banned and get to the bottom of this. And btw i have 2 accounts that have a credit card renewing every 3 months and i just bought a 12 month for fT Foul Play so i just wasted over 90$ this month on XBL only to be banned for no obvious reason to me, i really just want to talk to some1 who can help me.

Sorry this didn't help.

and uhh btw where are the original microsoft seals? like where is it at, whats it looked like... is it on the inside? because i did buy a refurbished xbox but like i said why wasnt i banned a year ago? so yea plz tell me and ill look for that seal

Sorry this didn't help.

1. You could not have been banned a year ago because maybe they did not detectt the firmware change in the refurbished console untill now

2. Look under the faceplate. it can be taken off and the seal should be there. but if gamestop repaired it then that seal is broken thus system tampering which =Console ban which CANNOT be lifted

Sorry this didn't help.

Go here, this will explain console bans more : www.xbox.com/.../consoleban

Sorry this didn't help.