Locked: Console ban after today's update.

Before I start, I apologize if this is in the wrong forum.

After logging in today (for some reason I had to test my connection multiple times before it would finally connect to LIVE), I found that I had to download an update. After downloading the update, I received the Status Code: 351F-3524-1380-0703-C000-0099. After looking it up on the website, I found that I had been console banned. The problem is, I've never modified or tampered with my console. I've also noticed that many others have been wrongfully banned.

I was going to call the 1-800-4MY-XBOX number, but after a friend called it, he was told to post about it on the forums.

Is there anything that can be done to unban my xbox, or am I going to have to spend another $200+ on yet another one?

I'm not sure if this could be a factor, but I'll add this in:  A few months ago, my xbox had the 3 red rings. After taking it to a place near my house (Jungle Repairs), they finally fixed it after having to go back 6 different times (It kept getting the RROD even after they "fixed it"). On the fifth time I brought it in to them, I got the same Status Code when I tried to play it at home. I took it back and told them to remove whatever they had put in it because I had been console banned. They removed it free of charge and it was finally fixed.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

No one?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

If your box has been console banned then it is definitely because it was taken somewhere other than Microsoft to be repaired.  Once the console has been opened by someone other than an Xbox tech (which is against the ToU you agreed to when you signed up for the service) then you risk having your system banned which seems to be what has happened.

There is no recourse for this and you were not banned in error according to what you said in your original post.

And no, posting on the forums will not help you get it unbanned.

Go.  Buy a new console and don't tamper with it.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand that posting on the forums won't get me unbanned. That's not the reason I posted. I was simply asking for some clarification on the issue. I suppose I should have sent my xbox in to Microsoft, although I wasn't aware that having a gaming store fix your xbox was considered tampering.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="You Got Baiked"]I wasn't aware that having a gaming store fix your xbox was considered tampering.[/quote]It's been in the Terms of Use for a long time. It's Section 14.

Sorry this didn't help.

They banned me aswell because when my xbox RROD i sent away to microsoft to fix then it came bakc doing the same thing so i sent it back again they didnt fix so then i took it into my own hands and took it to my local console technition  and he fixed it in like 1 hour then they banned me when if they had fixed my console instead of being lazy *** or better still not quilified technitions i wouldnt of had to send to my local console tech *** XBOXLIVE

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="You Got Baiked"]

I'm not sure if this could be a factor, but I'll add this in:  A few months ago, my xbox had the 3 red rings. After taking it to a place near my house (Jungle Repairs), they finally fixed it after having to go back 6 different times (It kept getting the RROD even after they "fixed it"). On the fifth time I brought it in to them, I got the same Status Code when I tried to play it at home. I took it back and told them to remove whatever they had put in it because I had been console banned. They removed it free of charge and it was finally fixed.

[/quote]

The above is where you went wrong and would be the result of a console ban. Microsoft is the only authorized repair center for their console. Taking it to any other repair center violates their (MS's) Terms of Service.

Your console wasn't banned on accident or for no reason. You have no recourse for this except to go out and buy another console. This time if/when it needs repair you need to contact support and set up a repair with MS (even if it is out of warranty they will repair it for a cost to you).

Sorry this didn't help.

@henderson-You were pretty busy on 9/27/2010 and 8/27/2011. Even if you stayed up from 12:01am-11:59pm you couldn't earn all those cheevos legit.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/cheating 

Sorry this didn't help.

no lol my account was hacked not long ago i was trying to get it reset but yeah they falsly banned me the fers

Sorry this didn't help.

My console was banned after the update too

Sorry this didn't help.

Regarding the error code C000 0099.

This error occurs if your console has been tampered with or modified. Your console can no longer connect to Xbox LIVE, install software updates or play new games that require a console software update.

Physically disconnect your network cable or remove your Xbox 360 Wireless Network Adaptor from the console.

You can use the following steps to turn off the automatic sign-in so that you can play games offline.
To turn off auto sign-in:

1. Restart your console.
  2. Select No if you are prompted to update your console software.
  3. Press the Guide button on your controller.
  4. Go to Settings and then select Profile.
  5. Select Sign-in Preferences.
  6. Set Profile Auto Sign-in to Off.
  7. Press the B button on your controller to return to the Xbox Dashboard.

Your console can now play your existing games offline. Any future attempts to sign into Xbox LIVE or update your console software will result in an error.

(Taken from a support page).

Sorry this didn't help.