LOCKED - Changing Email address on compromised Account

This has been one of the more frustrating things for me. 

XBOX gold account, everything's working fine. Since I had created it so long ago, it used an old hotmail address as it's email attached to the account. I never use the thing anymore, and then one day, decided to move it to my current email address that I actually use. Long story short, turns our the hotmail address was hacked, and password changed. So I was a little worried. While there hasn't been any activity on my XBL gamertag, or VISA, I figured I would call customer support and have the email address switched just in case. I don't know what kind of access someone with the email address would have, but better safe then sorry.

It seems like such an easy thing, just change the email address in my account management to my current one. I cannot do it for myself, since I don't have the password to the compromised account (and since the account has been suspended by microsoft, it looks like whomever took the account does not either) So I have called XBL support and told them the situation.

I was told that it would be sent to the investigation team, and it would be up to two weeks, in which time I will get information on getting everything back to normal. that was on the third. It's the 20th now. No one can give me an answer as to why the delay, what the status of my account is, and why they aren't able to change one piece of information.

The last guy I called, in between the long awkward silences between when I ask a question, and don't get an answer, he suggests posting into the forum. Now I don't want to put any information in here that could identify the account, they have a service number 1153779315 from the calls I have repeatedly made to the call centre.

At this point, I regret even trying to make the change, as it has not been worth the hassle at all. So i have had to create a new gamertag and a silver account just to post this, creating additional work for whomever will have to delete this in order to move my gold account onto it.

My question is, where is my account, how do I get it back, how do I get a hold of the investigations team, and how much longer is this going to take?

Thank you

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Well 2 things you cant do anything about the account till the investigations team is done. This can take weeks for upto 30 days .

You can only call xbox support if there is any notes from the investigations team they will give it to you. If there isn't unfortunately you need to wait

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.