Locked: Banned with no explanation

Hi I was banned on September 2 on friday and I dont know why. I have read the Terms of Use and I have not violated them. I need an explanation why they did this to my console. I was able to play on friday in the morning around 4:30 for like an hour then I left and when I got back it said my console was banned. My Gamertag is XXOUTATIME2015X.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Join the club. There is quite alot of us in the same boat. All you're going to get is some people trying to be moderators when they're not and they will never be, copy and pasting the same crap that we have all obviously read and gone through before we even bothered to post which tells us absolutely nothing.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below as they do not discuss console bans. 

Console Ban

You might also want to check out this thread. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Yayoo pretty much summed it up but join the discussion here. www.facebook.com/topic.php

Sorry this didn't help.

They have been banning people for no reason. Its all over youtube, and the facebook xbox discussion. Kids such as myself, have offered to send in there xbox and they refused. I have a factory sealed xbox, with no modifications. I also purchased it BRAND NEW. Xbox has made a few mistakes regarding this situation in this past week.

Sorry this didn't help.

Why is it people seem to think console bans begin and end with console mods?

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="Barack Obama"]

I have a factory sealed xbox, with no modifications. I also purchased it BRAND NEW. Xbox has made a few mistakes regarding this situation in this past week.

[/quote]

If you read through the link that Sonic posted about console bans, you will see that there is more than just modifications that will result in a console ban.  In short:

Consoles can be suspended from Xbox LIVE for a number of reasons including, but not limited to:

• Console tampering: Physically opening the Xbox and modifying it to play illegitimate software.
  • Online fraud: Attempting to social engineer users, take over Xbox LIVE accounts, or other fraudulent activities.
  • Repeat egregious violations: Multiple actions taken on accounts on the console by the Enforcement team for disrupting the service or impacting users.

I'm sure it isn't a consolation in anyway, but it is the only documentation available.

Sorry this didn't help.

Key phrase in that little section is "but not limited to"

Sorry this didn't help.

And I've done none of those things either. Think about it, do you honestly think, that thousands of people, suddenly decided to make this story up. I messaged, stepto, and his response was that I was a hacker and told my parents that i was a manipulating them into getting me info so that I could "improve" my hacking/modding skills. Funny eh? Stepto is the director of policy and enforcement. He was extremely arrogant and rude. Well respected gamers, such as myself have been getting banned for no reason. A parent recently wrote on the Xbox Discussion Tab on Facebook about how his autistic son was recently banned. According to the parent his son can barely tie his shoes, yet he is able to hack/social engineer or whatever is the console bannable offense. There is a reason why xbox is so defensive about this. They are either deleting posts, ignoring messages or just plain dismissing the fact that they made a huge mistake.  

Sorry this didn't help.

If your console has been suspended, it is due to a gross violation of the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use or Code of Conduct identified by the Xbox LIVE Policy and Enforcement team. This thread is now locked, as this is not open for discussion on the Xbox Support forums. You can post in the forum titled " 14 My Xbox LIVE Account was suspended . " 

For more information on Console Suspensions, please visit: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoleban 

Sorry this didn't help.