Locked: Banned Console, No Modifications/obscenity/profanity/etc

Hello, I'm writing in order to get a reason as to why my console was banned. I do not condone modding and have never modded a console or downloaded a game in my life.

To be completely honest, I believe a mistake has been made and I am upset. I have never so much as had a hiccup with my console or games or LIVE account. The only thing that comes to my mind is about a month ago, I popped in my Call of Duty: Black Ops game and tried to launch it. I received a message to the effect of "Disc cannot be read" I believe. I looked this up online, and saw some forums and posts regarding this message and they were all linked to modding or "AP 25" or console bans. I didn't bother reading any of it. I tried the same disc again a couple of days later and it worked without any problems. I was even able to play online.

As of the end of August 2011, I received a message saying that my console is banned when I try to connect to LIVE. I spoke to someone from Xbox LIVE support today, and after looking up my account and file, he was not able to help me find a reason as to why my console received a ban. I did not receive an e-mail stating that my console was banned, which the gentleman I was speaking with said I should have.

If anyone can provide any insight, it would be greatly appreciated. I have been a proud Xbox gamer since 2008, and would hate to stop being a customer. This is, in my eyes, unacceptable and I would love to hear back as soon as possible.

Thank you.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The enforcement team tell you, "oops bad luck sorry better luck next time!"

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Why is it people seem to think console bans begin and end with mods?

Sorry this didn't help.

i know it doesnt but i have been told that i stole  from the digital store i can't believe that  and wtf is the enforcement group

Sorry this didn't help.

Microsoft do not un-ban previously banned consoles as they are permanent. They do not ban people's consoles/accounts lightly, they do so after several investigations.  

The most common reason for a banned console is modifying it, but there are other reasons such as marketplace theft.

You might want to post in section 14 in order to get an official answer. Although they might just delete your thread and post a link like below as they do not discuss console bans.

Console Ban

You might also want to check out this thread.

Sorry this didn't help.

see i know i did post in 14 but no response and also i find BS that maybe a mistake was made, or maybe the enforcement team has people who abuse their powers.  Maybe cause noone knows who the enforcement group is

Sorry this didn't help.

Hi - If your console has been suspended, it is due to a gross violation of the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use or Code of Conduct identified by the Xbox LIVE Policy and Enforcement team. This thread is now locked, as this is not open for discussion on the Xbox Support forums. You can post in the forum titled " 14 My Xbox LIVE Account was suspended . " 

For more information on Console Suspensions, please visit: http://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoleban 

Sorry this didn't help.