Locked: Banned Console and repeated open tray problems

My son's console has been banned

We have a console we purchased brand new, never opened anything.  We have been tapping the top of the console due to repeated open tray messages to get the games to play.

How do you get the open tray issue?

Can the ban be lifted?   we haven't tried to fix anything to avoid to getting banned?  And he still gets banned.

Very frustrating   We have had the console for only 3 years - called support, no longer have a warranty so I can send it in to get a refurbished replacement for $100 , and  his current console is banned and you can't talk to anyone and no way to fix this?  

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

please read this

forums.xbox.com/.../67949.aspx

remeber console bans don't nessarily mean the console was moded

it could be marketplace theft using a moded account or repeat infractions against the terms of use (enforcement action) even phishing attempts

console ban investigations are not immediate and takes weeks and are reviewed many times before being issued

they do however wait till the ban wave (usually about now)

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/consoleban

If a console is suspended, what happens to the warranty?

If a console has been modified or tampered with, the warranty is void and the console is ineligible for an authorized repair, even for a fee. Please refer to the Xbox 360 console Warranty on xbox.com

To protect the Xbox LIVE service and its members, Microsoft does not provide details about console bans. There is no recourse for Terms of Use violations.

Consoles can be suspended from Xbox LIVE for a number of reasons including, but not limited to:

• Console tampering: Physically opening the Xbox and modifying it to play illegitimate software.
  • Online fraud: Attempting to social engineer users, take over Xbox LIVE accounts, or other fraudulent activities.
  • Repeat egregious violations: Multiple actions taken on accounts on the console by the Enforcement team for disrupting the service or impacting users.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

ngocphi, i havent attempted to do any of those things. so why am i console banned, please reply.

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately you won't get the answer that you're looking for.  you'll just get more of this cut and paste childish attitude.

Here's the sorry truth.

Have we been console banned unjustly? Yes

Does Microsoft make mistakes? Yes

Will they correct those mistakes?  No

Do they care?  No

IMO they probably have AI that scan's logs looking for "evidence" of tampering or other things.  When enough "evidence" gets piled up they are put into a queue to be handled by a person.  Then an xbox employee goes over the queue. Probably vaguely scanning the details amassed by the AI. Then all he has to do is press ban.  Since there's alot of mass banning i assume that once banned you are then put into another queue to be banned at a date of their choosing.  For some baffling reason at this point there's no email sending either the detailed "evidence" that violated the ToU or CoC nor is there an email saying that they detected tampering.  

Why are they so uncaring towards console banned clients?

Math.  Xbox probably has around 300 million clients.  If 0.0001% of them get screwed every now and again then so be it. The effort/cost required to not *** these people and/or to unscrew these people is greater than the overall clients worth.  So not worth it for them.      

Sorry this didn't help.

Let's see. You violated the TOU, and you got caught. As a result, you got banned. Pretty simple/

Good job Microsoft!

Sorry this didn't help.

I violated the TOU , the atualization made somethings on my xbox that " made it looks like a brand new xbox" , since that    

i have played according to the TOU and when a woke up and went to play this week , i just got banned , "OK", i used my friend's console with my old HD , and it got banned too , can somebody tell me if it was due the HD of my old banned console?

Sorry this didn't help.

DONT LISTEN TO SOME OF THEM JUST IGNORANT TROLLS

ANSWER HERE

Alright like all of you i have been banned also but posting here is not the answer, neither is posting in the the 14 forum, even though they told us to post here there system is retarted.

What you have to do is go to the BBB website and file a  complaint on "Xbox microsoft" since microsoft is BBB accredited they will have to answer your question.

They answered my question of why my console was banned, and they said that they would not unban my specific console when I asked them if they could unban my console they said YES they have the power to unban a console. So all the people saying that they could not unban a console are ignorant of the situation. Here is a specific XBOX EXCEPTIONS ANALYST (he said he is the highest title person who unbans consoles) his name is MAT MUNSINGER call him at

TEL: 1.866.425.9899 EXT: 1143765

Monday - Friday: 8am - 4pm PST

Since they have BBB accreditation they will answer why and if they will unban you he is the highest escalation tech, if they don't answer and they have enough complaints they will lose there BBB accreditation.

Sorry this didn't help.

File with the proper agencies go here xboxban.blogspot.com/.../microsoft-xbox-console-bans.html

Sorry this didn't help.

Mine and my sons 360 has been banned also, but both of our accounts have never been suspended, I don't know what would have brought this on, but i know that its B.S that there is no kind of recourse. I've been X-Bow Live since x-Box Live's been. Just sad..

Sorry this didn't help.

Plus I asked em if my sons account did anything to bring this on, and that has been about 2 weeks ago and haven;t heard anything from them on this forum. All they want is for us to go out and spen another 299 of there console.

[

Sorry this didn't help.

Due to the amount of blatent modifications people are doing to consoles to gain an advantage in online play, xbox live has dropped the hammer to stop it. Modifications using jtags is out of control especially on Call of duty world at war and the latest craze of using colours outside the normal and modifying your account to say some people have been on xbox for 10 years the software needed to do it is against the coc on xbox live. If you read the code of conduct and terms of use you will know that they are well within the rights to ban gamer tags and even consoles for the people who don't seem to give a rats about using modifications. I for one agree with XBLPET in the way they are banning people, and they do check complaints within 24 hours and even go into online games to catch these people. So if you get caught it's your own fault and if you try to blame a hacker getting into your account you should have rang xbox support straight away like i did when some *** tried to get into my cod waw stats and nick em thankyou xbox live for getting rid of these people from ruining online play. And i will say the way they dealt with my problem was very professional and fixed it while i was on the phone with them and got the person who did it so bight the big one hahahahaaaa.

Sorry this didn't help.