Locked: Advanced Punk Buster

Ever been threatened by some punk to be hacked? Or have you ever been playing some CoD and ran into a hacker? Well I have an idea that should help that..

Who all has played Battlefield: 1942? There is a program on that game that detects cheaters and boots them from the server when playing online. I know well that modding is illeagal on the Xbox, but this is an exception. If this where to be a reality, good things would come to Xbox LIVE.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Referring to, linking to, or discussing modding or cheats, no matter how justified they seem, is not allowed on Xbox.com forums. If you notice users violating the Terms of Use or Code of Conduct, please report them. Thread locked.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

VAC & Punkbuster are decent tools but they still require human moderation (server admins & player reporting) to work properly.

Sorry this didn't help.

Vernier is correct on this.  They do check all filed complaints so that is the best way to do it.  My motto is "file and forget."  If it gets to be too much, just switch servers.  That is about the only thing you can do. 

On a side note, I have played BF1942, 2142, America's Army, and quite a few other games that use the Punkbuster anti-cheat tools and while they are an excellent way of dealing with cheaters, they have their issues.  I remember being booted several times due to a server side setting that would boot me for having shadows on by default. 

Sorry this didn't help.

We have one already it's called "file complaint" but no one bothers to use it because they buy into the hearsay that says nothing will be done.

Sorry this didn't help.