LOCKED - Account Suspended?

Around 2 - 3 days ago, my account was suspended due to a problem with my payment option. Now, I think I may know the reason as to why it was suspended. I believe I was suspended due to the automatic renewal attempting to charge my CC for my monthly service, only to find that there was no money on that particular card. If that's true, the reason itself isn't why I'm mad.

What I'm mad at is the fact that if that reason is true, it's incredibly silly for me to get suspended because I've REMOVED the option for an automatic renewal more times than I can count, only for it to somehow be enabled again and charge me. Which means I'm getting banned for something that has nothing to do with me considering the automatic renewal keeps enabling itself on its own, after I've made SURE to disable that option just in case things like this happen, but of course, it doesn't stop there.

Even when I try to fix the problem on my own, the site gives me an "oops, that wasn't supposed to happen" error every time I try to manage my credit card info or if I try to remove the credit card altogether. It doesn't even allow me to get to the page. Bug in the system? I don't buy it. Not one bit considering every other page works, but conveniently, that one doesn't. Even if the scam here is obvious, I would appreciate it if you would fix this. 

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

The same thing is happening to me!

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

forums.xbox.com/.../5124.aspx

please read this sticky

everytime you purchase a new membership option like promotions or dashboard deals it turns on autorenewal

Sorry this didn't help.

You can't remove the only option of payment when you owe them money, whether you meant to or not.

Sorry this didn't help.

you can't remove the cc from an active xbl gold subscription through the website. you have to call customer support to do that.

the auto renew does NOT enable itself. it is the default setting but if you ever called in to have it turned off [the only way to turn off auto renew is to call customer support] then it would remain off unless you purchased a new subscription.

now that your account has been suspended you need to call support to get it cleared up. you will need to provide a new cc number to pay the balance on your account.

for future reference, all of this mess can be avoided by keeping your cc information up to date or by removing credit cards altogether and just using prepaid subscription cards

Sorry this didn't help.