LOCKED - A Bit Confused

I am rather confused about the layout of the forums and where I should go to, to draw attention to an issue I have.

These Forums currently seem to be rather overburdened for the staff so I'm not sure if I'll get the official answer I want, but my question and explanation is listed in the thread titled "Gears of War 1 Seriously Glitch Consequences" in the Gears of War Forum.

As we are all gamers, I was wondering about this dilemma on what I believe to be, gaming ethics, so to speak. I just want an official response that is a well-considered opinion and not some robotic "ruling".

Anyway, I hope you guys can help me and thank you for your time.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 7 Applies to:

* Please try a lower page number.

* Please enter only numbers.

I apologise if I seem impatient, but this is a very important issue for me and I don't even know if I've posted this in the right section. I'm just looking for someone like AceyBongos, MrPointyHead, Stepto, anyone official to review my thread and give their opinion. I know that's probably not going to happen, but I need an official line on this.

I hope this will be resolved soon.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

See my response to your OP for a quick summary.

Sorry this didn't help.

(1) You did not answer my question.

(2) You showed no understanding of the issue.

(3) You're not official.

(4) Keep your trollish comments to yourself.

(5) Be polite to people in the future.

Sorry this didn't help.

1-Here is the answer to your question. You will need to contact Epic, the Game Developer of GoW, and see if they are going to put out a patch to correct this, if it is a glitch and not intentional as your other post (which is always a good idea to link to if you want people to try to help you) indicated it may be. They code the achievements into the game when they are developing so they are ultimately responsible for fixing them should they deem so inclined to.

2-These are the support forums. You won't always get Official answers because the majority of the community is fairly knowledgable about XBL and many of its features and games.

3-No, I am not official. I am like you trying to help.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks for your response.

Epic do not even have a sub-forum for Gears of War 1 on their forums and as MS are the ones responsible for resetting people's Gamerscores, I felt it best to try here first. Epic's "disinterest" in Gears 1 has been apparent for many years and thus far, all attempts to raise the issue by fans has been met all manner of negative responses or just no response at all. I'm not saying they were rude, just more or less "this isn't something we (ever) intend to do", which, again, is why I came here first.

In the meantime, I have PMed Miss Portia as suggested in her post about Xbox Forum Support Agent Hours. I'll check back tomorrow to see if they have responded.

Sorry this didn't help.

First, if you are having an issue playing a game, post it in the Playing My Game forum.

Second, if you are going to post here, tell us what the issue is. Don't tell us where we can go to find it.

Third, don't ask questions on the Community Forum if you don't want responses from the community. That is how the Forums work, and we encourage our community to help each other.

As it sounds from the responses so far, you are having a specific in-game issue with Gears of War, which you should most likely take up with the developer. I'm sure there is contact information somewhere on their website, or in the instruction manual of the game.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for your response.

I have quite a lot to recommend and explain first before getting down to the "meat" of the issue.

Firstly, for some reason, I cannot Copy/Paste on these Forums and given the size of my post in the Gears of War Forum, any shortened version would fail to do my case justice and would most likely misrepresent my intentions. Also, for some reason, my post always appear squashed together and I can't seem to create separate paragraphs which makes my posts harder to read. As much as I would love to explain the issue here, it really necessitates your viewing my thread itself, and I'm sorry for said inconvenience.

As for the community responses, they are acceptable enough when they are polite. As you would know had you visited my thread, RED SHIFT1's response was rather more "abrasive" than helpful. Furthermore, I am here on the official Xbox Forums in order to get an answer from the officials as opposed to some random joe on the street and as these are your official forums, I felt this would be the best place to find you and I apologise if that was presumptuous of me. As I tried to imply in this thread's title, I am confused about the overall forum layout and which section my issue  belongs in, and I hope you can help me with this.

Now, onto the main problem. There is a glitch in Gears of War 1 that can allow a user to unlock several Achievements without meeting the requirements first. As I said in my other thread, this is more of an ethical "grey area" even as per the XBL Code of Conduct so long as it isn't hugely abused. My dilemma is this : If a person were to use said glitch to unlock 1 Achievement (Seriously) which in and of itself is severely glitched, would that warrant a heavy-handed reaction? Now, assuming this was most other games and most other Achievements, I would say that it would be an infringement that if heavily abused, deserves an appropriate response, however, given the already semi-functional and highly glitched nature of most of the online Achievements themselves coupled with the fact that Epic have done nothing to fix it, nor do they even have a specific Gears of War 1 Sub-Forum on their own forums, I feel like this game has been left to, well, rot essentially. As it is Microsoft who catch and reprimand people via methods such as banning and Gamerscore resets, and as Epic seem to have no interest in the matter, I have come to ask you if actions such as glitch-unlocking Seriously warrant any of the aforementioned penalisations.

I do not take this issue lightly, or else I wouldn't have come here and asked you directly, and maybe it's quite naive of me to have done so, but I find, given that the Achievement (contrary to it's description) requires many hundreds of hours of grinding for an indefinite amount of time for an unknown amount of kills and the fact that Epic seem to not care at all, that such a small and in fact, highly contestable infringement, is nothing except a drop in the ocean and should not be looked upon harshly.

In essence, does a kid who broke a window deserve life imprisonment/the death sentence, and is the XBL Code of Conduct totally inflexible? I don't particularly like this topic or it's implications any more than the next guy, but it is really dwelling on my mind and I personally don't see the harm in it.

Thank you for reading, and I hope you can answer my questions.

Sorry this didn't help.

Keyboard shortcuts for copy and pasting are supported here.

Copy: CTRL+C

Paste: CTRL+V

To ensure paragraphs, go into Rich Formatting and when moving to a new one use Shift+Enter.

If you are talking about the second profile glitch, then yes that will get your gamerscore reset. It happened to a Microsoft MVP who posted regularly on this forum. 

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you so much for telling me this. I really needed that.

Sorry this didn't help.

And yes, I am talking about the second profile glitch. However, I find it rather dubious that lots of people would be reset for it. Why? Because I know dozens of people who have done it with not even a threat of action against them. Also, I know that at very least tens, if not, hundreds of thousands of people have done it with a tiny fraction being caught and/or penalised. And it's not like they didn't have good cause to do so, seeing as Seriously is a broken piece of trash of an Achievement. I think it's justifiable in this incidence but I'm not willing to risk 80000G on the off-chance that some over-zealous MS employee believes that every infringement deserves the maximum penalty. I know how and where this thread and conversation might, and probably will, go but either I'll be the unluckiest guy in the world or there will hopefully be some form of unofficial acceptance that these kinds of minor incidents should be ignored in light of the particular circumstances. A reasonable idea, I think.

Sorry this didn't help.