Lock: Reference Number 1162172867 gamertag-JAKE STOP IT

The Xbox is used only by my eleven year old son.  The Xbox 360 was purchased new for Christmas 2009.  The console has never been opened or modified in any way.  My son has purchased all his games from Gamestop or direct download from Microsoft.  My son is not allowed to use it during the school week.  Saturday September 10, 2011, he tried to log on and found the console was banned.  Nothing was done to violate any rules.  I have researched the situation and found that multiple people were incorrectly banned approximately the same time period.  I was referred to Mat Munsinger to correct the situation but was told I could only contact him through this forum.  Please email me at [mod removed] in reference to removing the incorrect ban.

Thank you,

Richard P. Glunk, MD

[mod removed - no personal info, please]

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Console bans are not reversed and support should have told you that instead of further wasting your time sending you to the forums. There are many people protesting their innocence but that does not mean they are innocent. So research on the Internet does not really count for anything because no one is going to admit what they did.

Console bans are not given without an investigation so something was done to cause one.
The only information about console bans is here in the form of the console ban FAQ.

The XBLPET (LIVE police) are the only people who know why a console was banned from the service and  no one else on the forums has any access to any information regarding either a specific ban or this ban wave in general.
But they choose not to discuss console bans so I will not waste your time further by providing you a link to their forum.

Sorry I could not be of any help.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

welcome to the club Richard.  :(

Sorry this didn't help.

Although i could possibly be of more help than just welcome to the club... Your son is either a thief and a liar (And this is the stance Microsoft will hold too), or he had the misfortune (like a lot of us) of being a victim of a glitch in Microsoft's "fool proof" anti piracy measures.

My guess is he plays one or more of the 6 titles below and that the disk(s) is scuffed and scratched.

Has he ever had a problem with the dvd drive reading disks on these games?  An error message "This Disk is Unreadable"?

-- Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood

-- Call of Duty: Black Ops

-- Fable 3

-- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit

-- Halo: Reach

-- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2

Sorry this didn't help.

file a complaint at www.bbb.org ONLY if you are truly innocent. i mentioned my console id and gamertag in the comments box there. i believe you can also complain at microsoft.com somewhere

Sorry this didn't help.

The current ban FAQ is here.

It says to post in this forum here.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hello. If your console has been suspended, it is due to a gross violation of the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use or Code of Conduct identified by the Xbox LIVE Policy and Enforcement team. This thread is now locked, as this is not open for discussion on the Xbox Support forums. You can post in the forum titled " 14 My Xbox LIVE Account was suspended . " 

For more information on Console Suspensions, please visit: http://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live/troubleshoot/xbox-live-console-ban

Sorry this didn't help.