Local profile to live

I started playing GTA V recently and wanted to redeem my pre-purchase extras so for the first time I connected my Xbox360 to internet. I have played for years on a local profile. The system prompted me to create an Xbox Live profile. I logged in with a profile that I have for my windows phone. I did all the security checks and got the verification codes to the phone and other email. I got my extras redeemed but when I started GTA V again I realised that my local profile wasn't in use. There are now two profiles on my box.

I've searched for info on merging accounts. It apparently isn't possible.

• Can I delete my current Xbox live account somehow and remove its connections to my phone and email?
  • Is it then possible to use these same email and phone number and convert my local profile to a live one by selecting "Join Xbox Live" in the dashboard?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Hey there Nikodemus,

Sorry to hear there was some confusion when you tried to sign up for Xbox Live.

There is not a way to completely delete the account, but you should be able to contact Phone Support and work with them to get the information removed and put on your original account. Once you have the e-mail and phone separated from your new profile you should be able to associate it to your old profile when you sign up using that Dashboard option.

I do want to warn you that since you've already redeemed those codes on your new profile you won't be able to redeem them again on your old profile.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Thank you for the reply! I'll try the phone support.

The codes are not a problem. I got the prepurchase codes redeemed just fine. It just downloaded something to the HDD. The bonus equipment worked also when I used the local profile with the saved games that I had started the game with.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.