Local Area Network not getting packets, no XBL connection (Windows XP)

I've been running XBL through my laptop for a very long time now. (Bridged connections, ethernet cable) But for some reason after being away for the weekend, my Xbox decided not to allow my internet access it anymore. Everything bridged, ethernet connected, and everything normal as they always were, I still can't connect to Xbox Live. 

Checking my network bridge, I noticed that my "Local Area Connection" (Xbox 360 connection to PC) wasn't receiving any data packets. What gives? The ethernet cable clearly recognizes that it is connected to something though. (Once i unplugged the ethernet cable, the little bubble on the bottom right came up telling me that a cable was unplugged) I've tried two different ethernet cables, yet, I get the same results. 

My brother in the other room has an Xbox 360 Slim, and he has been able to connect to XBL easily. 

Could this possibly be an ethernet port problem for me? or something with my computer?

Thanks in advance

Oh, and btw, when I run the connection test, I can never get past the first part. The part where they test my Xbox's connection to the network. (If thats of any help) But I can run the test, so would that mean my ethernet is fine?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 19 Applies to:

Greetings, x Extacyy! Sorry to hear about your situation. Hang in there, we'll get this sorted.

First, I noticed that you currently have two Xbox 360 consoles. Is this second console new and did you happen to notice the issue once it was introduced to the network? If your router allows it I might try enabling Universal Plug and Play to see if that makes a difference.

Second, you might try reconfiguring the bridged connection from scratch by following this guide: support.microsoft.com/.../978618

Hope this helps! Let me know if this helps resolve the problem.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.