Have you tried any of the troubleshooting from
http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/9/t/7448.aspx If you haven't I would suggest starting there. Is your NAT open?
Did this solve your problem?
Sorry this didn't help.
Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.
How satisfied are you with this reply?
Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.
How satisfied are you with this response?
Thanks for your feedback.
Hi there AttendantGolf7 !
I am sorry to see you are having these issues.
As it has been said, it may be your NAT Type, If your NAT type is moderate or strict, which may be the problem to your connection problems, here are two links which will guide you through some solutions as to how you can fix it.
On the the other hand, if these solutions fail to help your NAT type and or connection, I suggest you call up your ISP (Internet Service Provider) and explain
to them the problems you are facing. After having done this, you should request them for new router if they haven't said they will send you one already.
Most ISPs send routers out for free, on the other hand if your ISP do not send you a router, free of expenses, I suggest you buy a new router.
However, have you tried installing your games to your hard drive, simply follow these steps on how to do so:
1. Press the guide button on your controller (middle, circular button)
2 Scroll left, twice. And you will see 4 options, choose the 3rd option (Game Marketplace)
3. Now, you will be on the 'spotlight' page. If you press the 'RB' button, to take you to downloadable games.
4. You will see some columns. The first column, has 'New Games' and 'Games A-Z'. Choose 'Games A-Z'
5. Now, choose the letter, of which is first on the title of your game.
6. You should now be on the 'overview' of the game. You should have 3 green boxes, in columns. Select 'Install'
Maybe clearing your cache will help, once again, to do so simply follow this guide:
1. Press your guide button on your controller (middle circular button)
2. Scroll across twice, to settings.
3. Then choose the 4th option down 'System Settings'
4. Now, you are on the available options and settings to your console. Select the 3rd option down 'Storage'
5. You will be given the options of 'All devices' 'Hard Drive' and 'Cloud Saved Games' (if you have Cloud) Highlight, 'Hard Drive'
6. Press the 'Y' button, on your controller. Now, you will be given 4 options, select the 3rd option 'Clear System Cache' and then select 'Yes'
I hope this helps,
Ryan M (DarkLink 900)