Live TV and Voice from an official Xbox One headset won't work with Win 10 streaming?

Anyone else having this issue? I'm loving this new streaming feature because I can now hide my xbox out of sight in my living room and connect it directly to my router with an Ethernet cable and have it stream back over wifi to my PC in bedroom. Surprisingly It works really really smooth without noticeable input or visual lag. The only issue is live T.V. refuses to stream to my PC and I can't use my standard Xbox One headset to communicate with others but I can use my headset to talk to Cortana. 

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

I now see that you have the option to create a party within the xbox app on windows to talk.

Previously known as Win7Xbox 360

how did you get your standard xbox headset to work on the xbox app party chat?

Once you have it connected to your wireless controller right click on the speaker icon in the task bar (typically in the the lower right hand corner) and click on audio devices. When you see the headset in the list of devices right click again and set it to default communication device (not default device) and it should work.

Interesting the Netflix app can not be streamed to PC either. Maybe this was done on purpose for copyright purposes.

Can you only stream games while your Xbox is on?

No other apps will work but anything with protected content wont stream to the PC like Netflix or live tv from a set top box.