Live Television question.

OK so in the next update we are supposed to be getting the "Live Television" feature. My questions are

1. How much extra will it cost
  2. How many channels will there be
  3. What channels will there be
  4. Will it convience me to "cut the cable" and pick this up instead
I'm not looking for concrete answers just a rough guess on what to look forward to. Out of all the new upcoming features *aside from YouTube* this has to be one of the most interesting one coming.

Discussion Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

Well, I won't ever be cancelling my dish, no matter what they put on my 360.  I use it ONLY for games.  No radio, no movies, nothing but games.  But this "update" is new to me.  I'll keep an eye out to see what happens.

Thats what everyone else is asking too. Microsoft hasn't released any details yet.

do not cut the cable dude. They are charging 240 MP3 to watch 1 episode of two and a half men. You can get hulu for at the max 10 bucks amonth and watch all the shows you want. They even offer hulu on Xbox live. What a rip.

We'll still need a tv subscription service. What it does is put the content on multiple tvs without the need for additional cable boxes. On top of that... we won't even be able to get our full channel lineup that we pay for. It will be limited.

I went from completely ecstatic to completely disappointed. I'm not a tv fan -at all- so I refuse to pay high cable bills for something I might watch once in a blue moon. I would've paid, IF the price was reasonable, for even limited, live channels on the xbox, though.  

It's all over the internet now if you want to do a web search. Definately not a cable-cutter.  :(

But hey! There's still looking forward to Skyrim!!! :D

you guys could look up media mall/playon tv. Its a legal program u can try for 14 days, and subscribe to afterwards. You can get netflix, hulu, youtube and alot more on your networked devices as a xbox 360, ps3, wii or ur cell phone. Its been out for years now. Will work with all dashboards, and you don't need a gold account. This is not a exploit or hack. The software has its own TOS u have to agree to. U just network it from your computer to ur networked device. Not HD quality but fun to use.

1. The only provider available right now is Verizon. Comcast is coming next year. I'm not sure how much each service cost.

2. Verizon has 28 (I think) Live TV channels currently available on Xbox LIVE. I've heard more on are on the way.

3. I've seen TBS and Comedy Central just to name a few.

4. Its not ready to "Cut your cable" yet. I'd mostly just use it if I needed an extra cable box in the house.

[quote user="An Xbox Dude"]

1. The only provider available right now is Verizon. Comcast is coming next year. I'm not sure how much each service cost.

2. Verizon has 28 (I think) Live TV channels currently available on Xbox LIVE. I've heard more on are on the way.

3. I've seen TBS and Comedy Central just to name a few.

4. Its not ready to "Cut your cable" yet. I'd mostly just use it if I needed an extra cable box in the house.

[/quote]

I could not link the Xbox Facebook page but I found it on the Xbox Facebook page. I pay the same for Cable and internet with TWC.

Exclusive online offer for Xbox 360 owners. Sign up for Verizon FiOS Triple Play and receive HALO: Anniversary plus Xbox LIVE Gold FREE for 12 months — all for only $89.99 a month! Switch to the industry’s fastest Internet and get more speed, more entertainment and more fun. Offer ends 1/21/12.

this is stupid.not only u gotta PAY for the app, but u gotta PAY for the gold!

plus i live in france and the only tv service on xbox live is canal+.and guess what?im not suscribed to that so, question is:

does anyone know if "orange" or "free" is on the xbox list?