Live Randomly Disconnecting

I've had this problem for a little while now. My Xbox Live just randomly disconnects for no reason. There's no certain time it does it but if I'm playing a game online or downloading a TV show or a game or something, it won't disconnect. But if I'm watching a dvd or an already downloaded show while connected to Live and not necessarily using it for anything, it will just go ahead and disconnect. It disconnects itself while I'm watching Netflix which is extremely frustrating because it backs out and I have to connect again, find the movie or show I was watching and find where I left off at. Same thing happens with an already downloaded show. Disconnects and takes me out of what I was watching. Fortunatly if I'm playing a game online using the multiplayer feature it will stay connected, but if I'm just playing the single player it will kick me off. Everything else in the house, computers, laptops, cell phones and Ipads stay connected no problem. I've gone all through out the house on many occasions shutting off everything that could possibly be connected and using the internet but still even with everything else turned off and nothing but me Xbox on, it still disconnects.

I'm really not too good with this type of stuff so If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated!

I think the brand of my router is Ubee.

I just ran a test on Speed Test. I really don't know if it's good or not. Here are the results. --http://www.speedtest.net/result/1598170264.png

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 6 Applies to:

Hey there - What is the model number of your Ubee router? We have noticed a trend with certain models of this brand that is not able to consistently connect to LIVE, and it does not appear on our list of Xbox LIVE Network Hardware Compatibility List.  

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

The model number is U10C037.

If this particular router is the cause of the problems, would you reommend I get a new one?

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Xurts! Are you currently connecting via wired or wireless? If you haven't, try wired and see if that helps. Let us know, thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.

I've been using the built-in wireless but I have tried hooking up my ethernet cable and using that, but unfortunatly it still does the same thing.

I'm thinking about just getting a new router and seeing if that fixes the problem since Miss Portia said Ubee routers are known to do things like this. I'm not worried about the cost of a new router but just if it's difficult to hook up and reconnect everything.

Sorry this didn't help.

Would it be in my best interest to just go ahead and buy a new router?

Sorry this didn't help.

Unfortunately I do think it would be more effective to try another modem after setting your Ubee Gateway into "Bridged" mode.

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm having the exact same problem . The xbox is wired to the router && the router is new , I just don't get it ..

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Whoop, for best results, please create your own thread with a full description of the issue you're encountering. :-)

Sorry this didn't help.