Live Membership

I used to have my account set for automatic renewal every month. Recently I have gotten a new card and so I let my other card expire on my account. I decided I would just get a pre-paid card for xbox live gold membership. When i put in the info on the card I got an error that my account was locked from making purchases. I tried again and from there I got an error message saying to please try again later.

When I try to log onto my account on the computer I get a message "uh oh that shouldn't have happened..it appears you have found a glitch in the system." I tried to do a chat with a rep but kept getting an error message.

Can anyone tell me how to fix this. I watch netflix and amazon prime movies regularly when I have the live membership and I hate not being able to do that right now.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Hello,

Since you left automatic renewal on with an expired card on file it's locked your account. In order to solve this issue you'd need to contact phone support directly.

A billing agent will be able to turn the renewal off for you and zero your account out as well as remove the expired card on file. Once that's done, you will then be able to redeem any sort of prepaid code. Until that's done, you won't be able to do so. 

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.