LIVE membership isn't valid?

Hi all,

Last night (10/10/11) I had trouble getting the latest update to download, I managed to do it via usb, but then it still wouldn't let me connect to xbox live.  Sometimes it would but then automatically say disconnected.

Tonight I've got home from work and it connected first time, so I downloaded and registered my sky player.  Whilst I was playing Forza 4 demo I got disconnected.  When I dropped to the dash and tried connecting its now telling me the following;

'Your Xbox LIVE membership information isn't valid.  Please use a profile that contains a valid membership or recover your profile from Xbox LIVE.'

Yet I can't even connect to LIVE to even recover my tag, when I run the network test it fails on the third part saying there is a problem with my connection, but there is nothing wrong with it??

Can anybody please help!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

Ok, I took my profile to my neighbours, still got the invalid message but it let me recover my gamertag.  However my console still won't connect to xbox live, or it connects but disconnects straight away!  Losing my cool with it now, the update best not have ruined my console...

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hey there - can you post the information requested by the START HERE sticky? forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.