live log in saying not valid info

I just moved my profile from my old xbox pro to the new slim via the xbox usb drive and now when I try to log in thru the console I get the " not valid email info" message, but when I use my laptop to log in using same live id and password it works but my Gamerscore is from like over a year ok and says 28330 instead of 40300.  Has xbox blocked my profile from the console for some reason? or did those new updates when the system was intially setting up *** it up?

I just wanted to buy another 12 months of live on a gold account, but whats the use if all my stuff or info keeps changing and I can't with a new do anything about it.   Plus if xbox live is going to keep making their customers start over with a new profile every time, if they either have had to cancel internet service and xbox live in the past because finances,  is very lame.   I want  my gold account back, but not at cost of having to redo achievements and games everytime I get new hardware, thats a gonna have to stay a no.

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 0 Applies to:

It was over a year since you access the WLID? Major Nelson has a good post about that here: majornelson.com/.../windows-live-id-s-and-gamertags And to clarify, you aren't able to sign in  on the console?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

My suggestion is to move the profile back to the the previous console and follow the directions listed here in order to solve the issue that your experiencing > IMPORTANT If you receive a message that states that your Windows Live ID is not valid when you try to sign in to Xbox LIVE (see support.microsoft.com/kb/972159), it is extremely important that you do not delete your Xbox LIVE profile from your console or try to recover your LIVE profile until you have successfully updated your Windows Live ID. (See the following details.) If you do try to delete or to recover your Xbox LIVE profile in this scenario, your profile may become irreversibly damaged and unusable. If you try to sign in to Xbox LIVE by using a LIVE account that is associated with an expired or deleted Windows Live ID, you will be prompted with a message that states, "Your Windows Live ID is not valid. You need to associate a different Windows Live ID with this account. You will not be able to sign in to Xbox LIVE by using an account that is in this state until you successfully complete the process to update your Windows Live ID.

Note Currently, you can complete this process only by using your Xbox 360 console.

My XBOX > Select your Gamertag > And then follow the steps listed below.

1. Select Change Windows Live ID.
  2. In the Change Windows Live ID window, select Continue.
  3. On the Your Account screen, type the e-mail address of the Windows Live ID that you want to associate with your Gamertag.
  4. When you are prompted, type the password that is associated with your Windows Live ID.
  5. Confirm that your information on the next screen is correct.
  6. Confirm that the changes that you want to make are correct.
  7. Accept the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use and Privacy Statement. If you select Decline, your changes will not be made.
  8. Complete your changes. Then, return to the Xbox Dashboard.
Try that out and let us know how that works out for you.

Sorry this didn't help.

There are other possibilities, aside from the "expired Live ID" scenario. On your old Xbox 360 Pro, you were gaming offline, right? At any time during that year, did you recover your profile on, say, a friend's console? If so, that invalidated the copy of the profile on your offline console, and the only way to continue with your profile is to recover it from Xbox Live. (This will, indeed, erase the achievements you unlocked offline, because you weren't using the most-current version of the profile.)

Or was the Pro console banned from Xbox Live? If so, it loses the ability to created signed content, such as profiles and saved games. In that case, you won't be able to move those kinds of files from that console to any non-banned console.

Sorry this didn't help.