Live keeps kicking us from chat

Just lately private chat has been acting up in a big way for me and my friend. She lives in the US and I'm in the UK. We will send chat invite and will he the beep noise confirming chat has started then another beep noise with no chat started. After a couple of tries we join private chat but within minutes it always quits and either kicks me or her. Now this never used to happen on any game til MW3. That happens constantly with that game bu has only just started doing it with Black Ops. Can anyone help? To save time, both our Internet connections have been tested. We've both redownloaded our profiles. Cache has been cleared and any corrupt game saves have been deleted. Help!!

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 3 Applies to:

Hello deadbunneh - thanks for your post. First of all, are you disconnected from LIVE completely, or does the private chat just end? If you are disconnected completely, we'll need to have you review our Start Here sticky post (forums.xbox.com/.../155724.aspx) and let us know the information requested in bold. We would likely need to have your friend provide this information too, so we can determine if there is any configuration error causing this issue.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.  Nope Live seems to be fine.  We can invite each other to Game and when the chat session kicks us like it does we're still on Live and playing.

This also seems to happen with an Xbox Live Party.

It's most peculiar!

Sorry this didn't help.

Thank you for the clarification! Can you tell me how your console is connected to the internet, and how your friend's console is connected as well? Is it possible to try a direct connection, meaning using an ethernet cable to connect your console directly to your modem? This would bypass any routing device you are using, and help us determine where the issue might exist. Thanks!

Sorry this didn't help.