Live Keeps Disconnecting

I am from Manitoba, Canada. My ISP is MTS. I have an Actiontec GT724WG gateway, running wired to the Xbox. My Xbox Live always connects fine but disconnects after 5-30 minutes. It does not matter whether I am playing a game, watching Netflix, or just at the dashboard. When I do the test with the settings at Automatic no messages come up, not even "Xbox Live is up and running". If I enter a random manual ip address then the error "Current network configuration may limit your online experience" comes up and says my NAT is moderate.

These are my router settings:

Firewall is set to off.

Ports 88, 3074, 53, and 80 are forwarded.

DMZ Hosting is set to on.

NAT is set to on because the internet will not work if it is set to off.

UPnP is set to on.

I have contacted Xbox Support, Actiontec, and my ISP but no one can help. I am thinking maybe this gateway just doesn't work with xbox live, although they claim that it does.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 27 Applies to:

[quote user="DoubleChinNinja"]If I enter a random manual ip address then the error "Current network configuration may limit your online experience" comes up and says my NAT is moderate.

[/quote]

Sure, if you forwarded the Live ports to a specific IP, and now randomly change it, of course it becomes moderate.

[quote user="DoubleChinNinja"]

These are my router settings:

Ports 88, 3074, 53, and 80 are forwarded.

DMZ Hosting is set to on.

UPnP is set to on.

[/quote]

Do not use UPnP, Forwarding and DMZ all at once. Remove the port forwarding, and the DMZ hosting and let UPnP do its thing. If that doesn't work, use Port Forwarding to the correct IP of the Xbox console.

If that didn't work, you should contact Actiontec support on how to properly port forward Xbox Live on their device or see if there is a firmware update for it available.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Tried just using UPnP, didn't work. Then I port forwarded all of the correct ports to the Xbox IP address, as explained in this guide:

www.actiontec.com/.../product_details.php

I have the latest firmware version.

Really wish I could figure this out.

Sorry this didn't help.

Ugh this is so frustrating. Do you think if I asked my ISP they could set me up with a different gateway? Or should I just change ISPs? That would definitely solve my problem, correct?

Sorry this didn't help.

Have you tried just DMZ? I would attempt using each of those settings individually and see if any help at all. If not it might be beyond a NAT issue. If you can get a different or replacement gateway for free that wouldn't hurt.

Sorry this didn't help.

[quote user="DoubleChinNinja"]

Tried just using UPnP, didn't work. Then I port forwarded all of the correct ports to the Xbox IP address, as explained in this guide:

www.actiontec.com/.../product_details.php

I have the latest firmware version.

Really wish I could figure this out.

[/quote]

Then in order to better help you troubleshoot that, please go to your Xbox console, and in the consoles network settings look for its IP and default gateway. Please write them down here.

Then tell us which of the two methods described in your link were necessary to set up port forwarding. Please describe what you entered, and to what IP and what protocols are forwarded for each port.

Thank you in advance!

Sorry this didn't help.