Live just stopped connecting randomly

So I've been playing on live for nearly a year now, with no problems.  And all the sudden last night, while playing BF3, I started experiencing a lot of lag, and eventually my box froze up.  I restarted it, and after I managed to get back into my home screen, I saw that Live was no longer connected at startup.

I then tried to test it, and keep receiving the same suggestion: "Restart your router".  I have tried this multiple times, and have had no luck.  The other suggestion I get from time to time is that my ISP may be blocking access to Live... but that can't be it, can it?  I have been playing on Live for so long now.

This is very strange to me, seeing as my xbox is detecting my wireless address, and is getting internet access (on the test), but fails right before it reaches the "Xbox LIVE" logo.

Can anyone help me out?  I would greatly appreciate it!

Router: Westell A90-750020-07

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

**Update**

Just took a look at my xbox connection through my router in my web browser.  Here is what appears for my xbox connection:

Name: Xbox

Type: Computer

Connection: Wireless

IP Address Source: DHCP

UPnP Enabled: No

This is odd, however, because I have tried a few times to go and "enable this device".  When I do this, it takes me to the port forwarding box, and I select the "Xbox LIVE" tab, and it shows me the correct ports to forward.  And then there is a small box that says "enable UPnP, to which I tick.

After doing this, the router restarts, and the xbox device still appears to have UPnp NOT enabled.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

That does sound odd - it sounds like your router is in need of a hard reset. Could you try that, then reconfigure it and let us know if that helps?

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.