Live ID transfer gamertag

Today I tried to log in to this site with my current e-mail address, I had forgotten I used a different one for Xbox live because a few years ago I had a lot of issues connecting it to my main e-mail account (one and the same I still use). I had created a different one to which my gamertag is connected.

When logging in today, it automatically made a new random gamertag (CongruentElm59) for my main e-mail adres, a random one I've never used on the Xbox360 itself.

So basically, I want to transfer the gamertag I use to the e-mail I use and get rid of the other junk I had to make because of all these issues...

Solution:

I understand you can only swap gamertags to Live ID accounts that have no gamertags connected to them. So I created another e-mail (like it says in some forum posts I've read), since there's no way to unlink a gamertag?

Now I tried to transfer the random gamertag CongruentElm59 to the new e-mail address, so I can in turn transfer my original gamertag to my original e-mail.

But for some reason it says I can only transfer gamertags once every 30 days, although I've never done this.

What can I do?

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 2 Applies to:

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.