Live Gold Account Issues/Questions

I setup two new profiles, myself, wife and a third account is a child's from an xbox 360..

I bought two dance games for them using my profile. Why can't they access these games on the xbox one without signing into my profile?

Additionally the child has an xbox 360 with a gold membership. That membership is not global on the xbox one until that account is signed into the xbox one.

I was under the impression that only one gold membership is required per household?

I wanted to continue to renew child's gold membership without buying two gold live memberships.

thanks for any info

Question Info

Last updated July 5, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

With each account, can you go to Settings and down to the Home options? Make sure that each profile (particularly yours and the child's) have this particular One set as the Home console.

From what you're describing it sounds like it is not the Home console, which would adequately explain all the issues.

If it were the Home console, your purchases would be available to everyone and the child's Gold status would be enjoyed by all other users on the console.

Xbox Forums moderator. Xbox MVP. r/xboxinsiders moderator. Twitter: @13mxn

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

I received a replacement console for the optical drive issue; After which things stopped working as described. Maxen13 was right this settings was not transferred or I was not notified of this settings in the re-setup of the console.

Thanks.

Sorry this didn't help.

Aha, good to hear it's working again.

That was the only reason (not being Home) that I could think of that would cause the problem, but I couldn't see why it would be the case. That you had a replacement would explain it. The first console you use becomes each profile's Home by default, which in this case would have been the faulty console. So when you got the replacement, it treated you all as if you were on a secondary console.

When you sign in on any other console, to make it Home you need to make these changes manually; now that you've set this one to Home you should be all good. :-)

Happy gaming! :D

Sorry this didn't help.

Do you know if making a profile Home on the Xbox One would have any impact to that profile using an existing xbox 360? I don't want to set it and break something for her on the 360 but that profile has an existing xbox live gold subscription.

Sorry this didn't help.

It has no impact for her on the 360. It's totally separate.

Sorry this didn't help.