Live disconnects every few minutes on new console

I got a new xbox console for a few weeks now. A 4gb slim with a 250gb harddrive. It is connected to the router via cable. With my old xbox ( 60gb pro) I had no issues at all. so, when I start up the console it connects to live with no problems. Then I start playing Fallout or Forza and after about 5 to 10 minutes it disconnects from live. I can reconnect without a problem, but it keeps disconnecting after a few minutes again... All tests look good, and I don't have any internetdropouts or so with other devices on the router ( win pc, mac, iphone, ipad etc..) So I guess the problem is on the console side.....and I don't want to change anything on the router. it was working fine with the old box, so it should with the new one. Any suggestions?

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 1 Applies to:

With your newer Xbox, it requires more bandwidth than your older consoles. Bandwidth is basically how much internet your router or modem puts out to each device which is connected to it. You might want to try and unplug it from it's original source and either try the built-in WiFi on your Slim Console to connect with your router (if your router supports WiFi), or you can unplug it from the port of which your console is plugged into on your router and move the ethernet cable into another port on your router.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

Please read:- forums.xbox.com/.../9.aspx

And post back your details in full (the bits that are in bold on that post) so that people may help

If you are wireless can you also state whether you are using the white or black external adapter or the Xbox 360S Internal adapter

Thanks

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.