LIVE disconnects after taking ages to sign in.

My xbox takes ages to sign in. Sometimes the white circle will spin indefinitely until I use the controller to urge the console to do something. When and if it does eventually sign me in to xbox live, I am guaranteed to be disconnected within the hour. I am also struggling to join any of my friends games and parties during the brief time I get. I've had the xbox for over a year without this issue. There is another xbox in our home, which is working perfectly. Computers and smart phones are also working fine. I'm getting all sorts of error codes and the like. I've tried all the usual fixes and nothing is working. Please help.

Question Info

Last updated July 4, 2018 Views 4 Applies to:

When you mean the white circle, do mean at start up? Try clearing the cache and dheck to see how much available space you have on your hard drive from the settings menu.

Next, run the xbox Live connection test. Post any results you get here.

Did this solve your problem?

Sorry this didn't help.

Great! Thanks for marking this as the answer.

How satisfied are you with this reply?

Thanks for your feedback, it helps us improve the site.

How satisfied are you with this response?

Thanks for your feedback.

Yes the white circle spins forever. 10 minute YouTube videos buffer for ages every 5 seconds or so and I can't connect to EA servers when trying to play Mass Effect. If I do clear my cache, I understand I will have to update all my games, but will I lose my saved games?

Sorry this didn't help.

You will NOT lose your saved games.

Sorry this didn't help.

Thanks guys. Still having problems after clearing the cache. I'm able to connect after waiting ages, but still get disconnected randomly. Also getting some lag on multiplayer games.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Wyldcat.  Can you give this guide a try? Xbox LIVE Disconnects | Xbox LIVE Slow | Speed up Xbox LIVE.  If it's a matter of connection strength (which it's kinda sounding like) that guide will help take care of it!

Sorry this didn't help.

I'm getting the exact same problem. Xbox takes ages to start up with the little white circle spinning for ages, then when I eventually get on the home screen it says some Xbox Live items maybe be temporarily unavailable with following code: 800705b4. I can still see my friends online but connecting to multiplayer of Black Ops2 etc just freezes or cuts me off pretty quickly. Randomly I'll be able to play a couple of games but then the lag begins & it eventually cuts off again either by automatically logging me off Xbox Live or just freezing.

Xbox is roughly a year old, never had any issues with it or old ones before recently. No change in my ISP & I have a fairly good connection speed that I use my iPad & iPhone on without any problems. Don't have any other computer being used for downloading. Tried port forwarding for Xbox live settings but that just made things worse.

Have already tried that guide, resetting router, switching from wireless to wired(normally prefer wired for best connection anyway but tried both), given my Xbox DMZ as a last resort even tho I'm recommended not for security reasons by my ISP. Got 110Gb of free space from the 229Gb capacity.

I'm all out of ideas.

Sorry this didn't help.

Hey Pablo!  That error code usually means a timeout, so we might want to poke at your network a bit more.  Can you make a new thread including the info requested here: START HERE for connection troubleshooting!

However, just at the moment I want you to try re-downloading your profile through the Sign In screen, and let's see if that cleans anything up.

Sorry this didn't help.